Dear Future Husband

It was Ran and Takumi's wedding day.

The whole venue was bustled with excitement. Mama, Yuki, Mr. and Mrs. Takahashi, and Riri were seated in the front row while the rest of the team sat behind them.

It was quite a private wedding, not even the social media knew about it.

Takumi was in the dressing room worriedly as Mayu, Riri, and Kiki calmed her down. They were her bridesmaids, with Kiki as the maid of honor because of how close friends the two were, despite the huge age gap.

"I'm so fucking nervous right now, girls," Takumi said, pacing around the room in her beautiful wedding dress (picture up above).

"Imouto-chan, we all know how much Ran-kun loves you, you don't have to worry," Mayu assured her younger sister with a soft hug, not wanting to ruin her dress, hair, or makeup.

"Sweetheart, are you ready?" Papa asked, tearing up already as he went to hug his daughter.

"Yes, Papa," Takumi smiled brightly as she calmed herself down.

Takumi gentley looped her arm around Papa's as the two opened the door and into the room.

Slowly, Takumi and Papa walked, closer and closer to Ran. The two never broke eye contact as she could feel Ran staring at her, his gaze never leaving her.

When Takumi and Papa reached the alter, Papa said, "Take care of my little sweetheart, Ran-kun."

Ran bowed lowly as he said, "Hai, otou-san!"

Papa smiled one more time proudly at the two before he headed to the seat next to Mama.

Ran and Takumi faced each other as the priest said, "Hello, everyone! We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Ran Takahashi and Takumi Ishikawa."

The group cheered loudly as Ran and Takumi smiled brightly at each other, holding each other's hands.

"Takahashi-san, please say your speech first," The priest smiled as Ran started.

"Takumi Ishikawa," he started, "these past years, you have changed my life forever. Starting from meeting you when I was eighteen, and now I'm 30, marrying you. Time really does go by fast, huh?"

The group smiled through tears.

"I've always believed in soulmates. I believe that I have found you. Despite the fact that I was Yuki's younger teammate. Despite the fact that I am 8 years older than you, and you could have married a much younger, kinder, and wealthier man. Even with all of my flaws and my busy schedule with volleyball, you still loved me for who I am. I want to forever thank you for being by my side and promising to always be with me for the rest of our lives. I promise, forever and always, that I will take care of you, whether you are sick, burdened with problems, or something far from my comprehension, future wife," Ran said emotionally, breaking up at the end,