Accident

"Konnichiwa!" The whole team said to the interviewer.

"Konnichiwa, Ryujin Nippon!" The interviewer beamed, "since the last time I've seen you all, BIG things have changed."

The team nodded, knowing what the interviewer was referring to.

"Congrats on your marriage, Ran-san," The interviewer exclaimed, "how is your life as a married man and as the captain of the team?"

"Arigato Gozaimasu, interviewer-san. And it's simply wonderful. Takumi is a great and considerate wife, I would break down without her," Ran replied, smiling at the thought of Takumi.

"You really hit the jackpot," The interviewer smiled, "Takumi Ishikawa plays volleyball, works as a doctor, congratulations again!"

"Arigato Gozaimasu," Ran thanked.

"We are just so proud of our little Ran-kun," Yuji smiled.

Then, Ran's phone rang.

"Moshi moshi?" Ran said.

"Konnichiwa, this is Isha Suzuki, the senior of your wife. Takumi-chan has gotten into an accident, she's currently at the University of Tokyo Hospital right now. Please come immediately!" Isha Suzuki cried as Ran's face turned pale white.

"Gomen, I have to go, an emergency popped up," Ran said apologetically as he sprang from his seat and ran out of the room, not giving anyone a chance to react.

"TAKUMI," Ran bursted into tears as he saw Takumi on the hospital bed with an oxygen mask over her face.

"Takahashi-san," Isha Suzuki bowed, but it was evident that she was crying as her eyes were red and puffy.

"Isha Suzuki, what happend to her?" Ran asked desparately, tears streaming down his face.

"Takumi-chan was heading to work as usual today, but when she crossed the road, a big truck hit her. Thankfully she got to the hospital in time, but she's lost a lot of blood. She's in a coma right now," Isha Suzuki said as she hiccuped a bit, "Takumi-chan is one of my favorite and the most hard-working doctors in this building. She's so dedicated, I really hope she's alright."

Ran could only nod in appreciation at the older doctor as he interlocked his hand with Takumi's.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY IMOUTO-CHAN!" Yuki yelled as he entered the room frantically, seeing Takumi lying motionlessly on the bed.

"It's all my fault," Ran murmured, his eyes bloodshot red. It looked like he did not get an ounce of sleep.

"Hey, Ran-kun, it's not your fault," Yuki comforted as he pat Ran's back, "we just have to hope that little Kumi-chan wakes up."