Recovery

For the next couple of months, Takumi has been slowly recovering.

She slowly got used to walking, eating, and doing things all over again.

Luckily, she remembered everything, and she felt fine.

It was all thanks to her loved ones who were there for her, every step along the way.

"Darling, be careful, let me help you," Ran said as he immediately got up to help Takumi slowly walk.

"I can do it, love," Takumi smiled as she struggled a bit but nonetheless, started to take baby steps.

"You sure?" Ran asked, worried, "I don't want you to get hurt."

Takumi nodded as she slowly, but surely, walked around the room without struggling.

As the days went by, Takumi was better. She could walk properly, think properly, and don't have to use crutches anymore as her injuries healed.

"I FEEL SO FUCKING GREAT NOW!" Takumi exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"That's great, darling," Ran smiled as he picked Takumi up and spun her around the room happily.

"Hopefully, I can get back to work soon," Takumi mused, missing the excitement of work.

"Takumi," Ran said, "I'm coming with you, I'll ask Coach Blain if practice can be postponed by an hour."

"You don't have to do that..." Takumi said, waving her hand.

"I want to," Ran insisted. He was very protective of the still-healing girl.

Takumi rolled her eyes in disbelief.

Gradually, the days went back to normal. Of course, the family and the team were still overprotective of Takumi, but Takumi got back on track as a doctor. Isha Suzuki made sure that Takumi's schedule was managable everyday.

"Here is your schedule for the day, Takumi-chan," Isha Suzuki said.

"Oh, just an injury and some check-ups? That's good," Takumi said, oblivious.

"If you can't do it or feel unwell, I'll get one of the other ishas for help, okay?" Isha Suzuki said, still worired about the recovering woman.

"I'll be fine, Suzuki-san," Takumi waved it off, "I feel better than before!"

The roles were reversed now in the apartment. Every morning, Ran would gentley shake his wife up and make breakfast.