6-8

Chapter 6 – Appearance

At this point, Lu Xia suddenly remembered the small threshing machine she had bought before.

Oh no, she lost that thing too.

Lu Xia felt heartbroken.

Because she intended to use that thing in the space, she even specially equipped it with a rechargeable battery. It was quite expensive!

However, after buying it, she regretted it because she later discovered that the small house didn’t require grains to be threshed before being put inside. Even if she put the straw in together, it would automatically separate them, process the grains, and then spit out the straw. She only needed to move the straw to the ground herself.

So she regretted it. She had planned to sell it secondhand, but before she could sell it, it was gone.

Heartbreaking!

But now it was no use feeling heartbroken. Lu Xia made an effort to forget about it, then finished exploring the inside and outside of the space. Gradually, she felt relieved in her heart. With the space, she had gained some confidence.

After coming out of the space, she got up from the “bed”.

The simple wooden bed made creaking sounds as if it was about to collapse.

But Lu Xia knew it wouldn’t because the previous owner had been sleeping on it for so many years, and it had always been like this. She had gotten used to it.

After getting off the bed, she walked to the corner of the wall where the vanity table was. This was the place of her elder sister, Lu Chun. Normally, the original host wouldn’t come here, and her elder sister wouldn’t let her use it.

If her sister found out, she would probably get angry.

But Lu Xia didn’t care about that. After sitting down, she picked up a mirror and looked at the appearance of the original host.

The person in the mirror looked thin and weak, with a pale complexion tinged with yellow. Her hair was even worse—not only yellowish but also dry and frizzy.

Clearly, it was caused by malnutrition.

Normally, even if the original host wasn’t favored, she shouldn’t have ended up looking like this due to lack of food. After all, her parents were both working, and they should be able to support their four children.

But Lu Xia’s family was different. Her parents were particularly “filial”.

And they were filial to their respective parents.

Lu Xia’s father was the second child in the family, and his situation was similar to Lu Xia’s. In order to win the attention of their parents, he was especially filial. Even though he had moved out, Lu Xia’s grandmother often found excuses to ask him for money, and Lu Xia’s father usually wouldn’t refuse.

Lu Xia’s mother was also filial, but she was filial to her own family. She would visit her parents every two or three days, never empty-handed. Moreover, because she worked in a textile factory, there were always some defective fabrics, and her family had benefited from them over the years.

So even though their family was a dual-income household, they still lived tightly.

Of course, Lu Xia’s parents would take care of the other children, so they wouldn’t go hungry, but Lu Xia, the transparent one, was ignored. But she wouldn’t starve to death.

Thinking about this, Lu Xia sighed and carefully looked at the appearance of the original host. Although she was somewhat thin, her features were still delicate.