91-100

Chapter 91 – Fever

“Then I will trouble, Educated Youth Gu. With Educated Youth Jiang’s current situation, I don’t know what to do. I can’t leave for the time being, and considering his weak health, falling into the river in this freezing weather, I don’t even know if he can recover.”

Gu Xiangnan comforted her, saying, “Don’t worry, it will be fine. Leave this matter to us. I’ll go find Educated Youth Zhao and Educated Youth Sun, the educated youths in charge, to discuss what to do.”

Lu Xia nodded, expressing her gratitude, and then Gu Xiangnan left.

Afterwards, Lu Xia let out a sigh of relief. She didn’t expect Gu Xiangnan to take the lead. It would be much better than if they had to handle it alone.

After all, even if the villagers didn’t like the educated youths, they couldn’t offend everyone. Moreover, none of these people knew when they would return to the city.

Soon, Li Yi arrived with the doctor.

After examining Jiang Junmo, the doctor said that his body was weak and he had caught a cold, possibly causing a fever.

Upon hearing this, Lu Xia touched his forehead and indeed felt some heat.

Fortunately, the doctor had brought medicine and administered it through an IV drip.

However, Jiang Junmo remained in a coma and hadn’t regained consciousness.

While waiting for the water to boil, Lu Xia cooked ginger soup with brown sugar. Since she was boiling water at the educated youth spot, she couldn’t make it too obvious, so she discreetly added some spiritual spring water.

Afterwards, she asked Li Yi to help support Jiang Junmo, and the two of them fed him the soup together.

They continued with these efforts until the afternoon. Whether it was due to the medicine or the spiritual spring water, Jiang Junmo’s fever finally subsided, and Lu Xia felt relieved.

Now, on Gu Xiangnan’s side.

When he went to fetch Jiang Junmo’s padded jacket for Lu Xia, he overheard the villagers around him gossiping about how Lu Xia, as a woman, was shameless for taking off her own clothes and carrying Educated Youth Jiang on her back.

Gu Xiangnan was taken aback and immediately explained, “Lu Xia is Educated Youth Jiang’s wife. They got their marriage certificate yesterday! I hope everyone doesn’t tarnish their reputation.”

“What? Educated Youth Lu and Educated Youth Jiang are a couple, and they got their marriage certificate? How come we didn’t hear about it!”

“Yes, we didn’t believe it at first, but it must have been recent news.”

“But wasn’t Educated Youth Jiang with that Shi girl?”

“Shi girl had a crush on him, but Educated Youth Jiang didn’t accept her!”

“Then what happened today? Didn’t they say that Educated Youth Jiang bullied Shi girl?”

At this point, someone who witnessed the incident explained what they saw.

After hearing the explanation, everyone looked at Shi Chunyan, who was still crying, and felt that something was wrong. So what happened to her?

“Educated Youth Jiang was pushed into the river by Shi girl?”

“Oh dear, in this freezing weather, that must have been terrible for him.”

Some of the villagers who had sympathized with Shi Chunyan began to feel that something was not right.