25-26

Chapter 25 – The Last Night

After a day of shopping and preparing many things, Lu Xia carried the canvas bags and returned home.

The Lu family members didn’t say anything when they saw her return, and she was glad for the peace and quiet.

However, Lu Qiu and Lu Dong looked curious when they saw her bringing things back, but they didn’t dare to ask when they saw her expressionless face.

But the Lu family knew that she probably couldn’t buy anything good since she didn’t have supplies tickets.

Although the Lu family didn’t talk to her, they still provided her with meals. Lu Xia, with the mentality of not wasting any free meal, confidently sat down at the table to eat.

After finishing her meal, as usual, she returned to her room. When she closed the door, she could still hear complaints from Lu Chun.

“Why does she eat at home if she has such pride? With so much money in her hands, why didn’t she buy her own food?”

Then Mother Lu said, “Enough, she won’t be staying home for much longer anyway.”

After that, Lu Chun remained silent.

Lu Xia sneered. Just wait, the “gift” for you all is still to come.

For the next few days, Lu Xia continued to go out to prepare supplies. She went to the black market to exchange for more supplies ticket. When she saw meat being sold, she bought some and stored them in the storage space to eat secretly later.

She also thought about the upcoming college entrance examination in a few years and went to a bookstore to buy books on subjects like mathematics, physics, and chemistry.

Out of curiosity, she visited a scrap collection station. She didn’t find any antiques, but she bought a second-hand stove with a limp leg. It looked repairable, so she stored it in the storage space to use later.

The time for her departure to the countryside was approaching.

During these days, she went out every day and brought back something each time.

When she wasn’t home, Mother Lu secretly looked at what she brought back. It was all things that didn’t require tickets, nothing valuable. Lu Xia just sneered and ignored her.

The family’s attitude towards her remained as if she didn’t exist, and Lu Xia didn’t mind. After all, they were all busy with work, and she could only see them in the evenings.

As for Lu Chun, she wasn’t sure if she was too guilty to face her or if she was busy meeting her partner. Either way, Lu Xia rarely saw her during the day.

As the agreed-upon time approached, she went to the state-owned tailor shop to pick up her padded jacket.

The old tailor truly lived up to his reputation as a skilled craftsman. The jacket was made exceptionally well, and it was designed to accommodate her future growth. They even made it slightly larger, with options for thin and thick padding. It would be enough for her to wear.

They even made two pairs of padded shoes, one thin and one thick, with thick soles suitable for walking in the countryside.

Lu Xia was very satisfied. She paid the money without hesitation and left with the padded jacket.

She didn’t bring the padded jacket home directly but stored it in the storage space.

From then on, she had prepared almost everything she needed.

Until the day before departure, it seemed that Mother Lu finally remembered that she was leaving and specially bought meat to cook.

During dinner, Mother Lu finally stopped giving her the cold shoulder and earnestly advised: