11-12

Chapter 11 – Reasons

Upon hearing Director Wang’s question, Lu Xia knew that she had only one chance, so she wasted no time and spoke directly, “Director Wang, hello, my name is Lu Xia, and I am one of the people hired by the light bulb factory.”

“Oh?” Director Wang raised an eyebrow. Although the positions for this recruitment at the factory were all good, they had strict requirements, and even his niece didn’t get accepted. He didn’t expect that this young girl, who seemed to have unfavorable conditions, would be selected.

However, he was still unclear about her intentions, but he gave her a friendly smile and said, “Comrade Lu, hello. So, do you have any specific business with me?”

Lu Xia didn’t beat around the bush and took a deep breath, saying, “I heard that Director Wang’s niece is still unemployed. I wonder if she needs this job.”

“Oh?” Director Wang understood her intentions from what she said.

He raised an eyebrow and thought, although their light bulb factory was not as popular as the steel or clothing factories, it was still a large factory. Moreover, this job was an office job. He couldn’t imagine why someone would not want it.

Furthermore, this young girl in front of him seemed to have unfavorable conditions, so she should be thrilled to have such a good job. What could be the reason for her giving it up?

Director Wang’s initial thought was that she was teasing him.

But now, seeing the sincerity in her eyes, he realized that she must have made up her mind.

So, he became genuinely interested.

His niece was the only girl in their Wang family, and they had many workers in their family, so finding a job wasn’t troublesome. However, it was a bit difficult to find an office job. After all, in the current job market, most positions were filled by children replacing their parents or relatives replacing each other. It was rare to sell a position to an outsider. Therefore, he wanted to ask about the reasons in detail before making any decisions.

He got up and led Lu Xia to the living room sofa to have a conversation.

Director Wang held a high position, and his house was much larger than Lu Xia’s, so the room was spacious. Even with the sofa, there was still plenty of space in the living room.

But at this moment, Lu Xia wasn’t paying attention to these details. After sitting down, she heard Director Wang speak, “May I ask Comrade Lu for the reason?”

Lu Xia nodded after hearing him, “There’s nothing to hide. After I got the job, my family signed me up to be a sent-down youth. I will go to the countryside in a few days.”

Director Wang raised an eyebrow in surprise and then seemed to understand. It seemed that this comrade’s family situation was more complicated.

However, that was not his concern. He just needed to confirm the situation.

He asked directly, “So, Comrade Lu, how much do you want for this job?”

Lu Xia directly stated the price she had prepared, “800 yuan.”

“Hmm?” Director Wang raised an eyebrow again. “Comrade Lu, are you serious? Or are you not aware of the market? You are getting an office job, which pays much more than the average worker.”

Lu Xia sighed bitterly after hearing that. Of course, she knew that this was the capital city and the work of normal workshop workers probably cost more than 800 yuan, but she couldn’t help it.