61-70

Chapter 61 – Offending People

Actually, everyone could sense the undercurrents between Su Man and Cheng Yujiao during this period of time.

The root cause of it all was Gu Xiangnan.

Previously, when Cheng Yujiao hadn’t arrived, Su Man had been close to Gu Xiangnan, and everyone could feel it.

But after Cheng Yujiao arrived, and especially since she was engaged to Gu Xiangnan, the relationships between the three of them became complicated.

Thinking about this, Sun Shengnan didn’t want to forcefully demand anything from Su Man.

So she went to find Gu Xiangnan instead.

It’s unclear what Sun Shengnan said to Gu Xiangnan, but after work, Gu Xiangnan personally took Cheng Yujiao to learn how to cut pigweed.

The next day, when they started work, Cheng Yujiao’s cutting of the pigweed barely reached a passable level, but she couldn’t compare to the village children’s work, so it could only be counted as half a day’s worth.

But Cheng Yujiao was still very happy. After work, she clung to Gu Xiangnan, thanking him incessantly. She attributed her ability to do the work well to his help.

Gu Xiangnan was annoyed but couldn’t push her away.

Meanwhile, Su Man’s expression grew colder and colder.

The others didn’t say anything either.

At that moment, Su Man saw the provocation in Cheng Yujiao’s eyes and coldly chuckled. She no longer paid attention to them and turned back to her room to take out a wild chicken.

“I caught this today. Let’s cook it tonight. It’s been a while since we had meat, so it’s time for an improvement.”

Seeing that there was meat again, the educated youths were all very happy and expressed their thanks to Su Man.

They also had various suggestions on how to cook the meat well for dinner.

Everyone was busy, and soon enough, no one paid attention to Cheng Yujiao anymore.

She looked at the crowd surrounding Su Man, even Gu Xiangnan was getting closer, which made her itch with anger.

But no matter how angry she was, it couldn’t stop everyone’s enthusiasm for eating meat.

That night, they stewed the chicken with potatoes again, and everyone was satisfied with the meal.

However, Cheng Yujiao, for some reason, didn’t eat any of the meat.

Seeing everyone like this, she muttered, “A bunch of gluttons who haven’t eaten meat in their lifetimes.”

Although her voice was low, those who needed to hear it heard it.

Now she had offended everyone, and the faces of the educated youths turned unpleasant.

Gu Xiangnan directly put down his chopsticks with a “clatter” and reprimanded, “If you can speak, then speak. If you can’t, then don’t. Do you think this is your home? If you keep acting like this, I won’t care about you anymore.”

Cheng Yujiao, who had been suppressed for the whole evening, didn’t expect Gu Xiangnan to speak to her like that. Unable to hold back, she cried and immediately stood up, turning and running back to the house.

She hadn’t expected that even at this point, she would still throw a tantrum. Gu Xiangnan’s face turned black.

But he still had to clean up the mess for her and apologize to everyone.