17-18

Chapter 17 – Goods Inspection

Upon hearing the boss’s words, the group took out their sacks and started inspecting the goods. They were even meticulous in checking the bottom to avoid any tampering.

This made Lu Xia happy because they poured her grains directly into their sacks, leaving behind the sacks originally used for the rice.

Lu Xia was overjoyed. She had worried before about where to buy more sacks once she ran out of the hundred she had in her storage space. This way, she could save quite a bit.

Meanwhile, the boss examined the quality of the first sack of rice and finally nodded in satisfaction.

This batch of grains was truly exceptional. He had already tasted a small portion they brought back yesterday, and it was indeed high-quality. The taste was superior, even when cooked into porridge, it had a natural sweetness. It surpassed the rice available on the market by several grades and was even better than the premium rice he had encountered before.

The reason the premium rice was called premium was because it was rare and only supplied to a select few.

Now, Lu Xia could present so much better-quality grain than the premium rice. It inevitably made him curious about the origin of this product.

However, it was just curiosity. He was a businessman and knew when to ask and when not to. Moreover, based on what Lu Xia had just said, there were still people waiting for her nearby. Otherwise, she wouldn’t have dared to come alone for the trade. If she could bring out so much high-quality grain all at once, there must be some backing.

So he decided to focus on the trade. After all, if all the grain was of this quality, it would bring him a lot of benefits.

Thinking this way, the boss couldn’t help but test Lu Xia. “Do you still have more goods with you, big sister?”

Luo Xia’s expression froze as she heard him ask, “There’s nothing left, why?”

The boss’s disappointment flashed for a moment, “It’s nothing. It’s just that big sister has good quality goods. If there’s more next time, remember to come find me. I’m called Jin Ming. I’m in charge of the black market in this area. Big sister, rest assured, I can handle any amount.”

Luo Xia nodded, “Okay, if there’s anything next time, I’ll definitely come to you.”

Although she said so, Luo Xia knew in her heart that there probably wouldn’t be a next time.

She thought to herself that she should sell less of the food in the space in the future. The quality was too good and it was easy for people to notice the difference. It was also easy to attract attention. It was too risky.

Soon, the people from Jin Ming’s side finished inspecting the goods.

There were no problems at all, and Jin Ming was very satisfied.

Since the goods were already weighed during the inspection, the money was settled at this moment. According to the price previously agreed upon by Luo Xia, rice was fifty cents per catty, flour was forty cents per catty, and coarse cornmeal was thirty cents per catty. It was more expensive than the refined rice in the black market, but the quality of this batch justified the price. So Jin Ming handed over the money without hesitation.

A total of 1650 yuan. It was surprising that so much food was sold for such a small amount of money. Luo Xia felt a bit distressed, but there was nothing she could do. In an era where a worker’s monthly salary was only a few dozen yuan, this was already a large sum of money.

After Luo Xia received the money, she exchanged some bills with him and also placed an order to buy some things from him. They agreed to pick them up tomorrow, and then she hurriedly left carrying the sack.