131-140

Chapter 131 – Holding Hands

Upon hearing her words, Jiang Junmo was deeply touched. “Lu Xia, thank you.”

Hearing him call her name so formally, Lu Xia still felt a bit uncomfortable.

Jiang Junmo was the same, so he hesitated and asked, “Do you have a nickname?”

Lu Xia shook her head. “There’s no formal one. My family used to call me ‘second child’ or ‘Xiao Xia.'”

Jiang Junmo paused and said, “Then from now on, I’ll call you Xia Xia.”

“Huh? Sure, okay!”

Lu Xia smiled and nodded. “What should I call you then?”

“Weren’t you just calling me Junmo?”

“Isn’t calling each other by names a bit unfamiliar? Do you have a nickname?”

Jiang Junmo didn’t hide it and said directly, “Xiao Mo.”

Lu Xia smiled and nodded. “Alright, then I’ll call you Mo Mo from now on.”

Jiang Junmo: “…” Hearing her call him Mo Mo, for some reason, he felt a bit like how his grandfather used to call the big black dog he raised.

However, he still agreed, “Okay.”

After saying that, he took her hand and said, “The road is not good, let me hold your hand.”

Lu Xia looked at him speechlessly and said, “It’s cold outside, my hands are freezing.”

Jiang Junmo responded by putting her hand, along with his own, into the pocket of his military coat.

“This way, it won’t be cold anymore.”

In the darkness, Lu Xia rolled her eyes silently and muttered to herself, ‘Turns out he’s a mènsāo!’

However, she didn’t refuse and walked back home with him, her lips curved into a smile.

That night before going to bed, as she looked at the snow still falling outside, Lu Xia breathed a sigh of relief. Well, good, by tomorrow morning, the footprints should be gone…

The next day, when she woke up, the snow was still falling, and the thickness of it had reached almost knee-level. The door almost couldn’t be opened.

She breathed another sigh of relief; it seemed that the footprints from last night should be completely covered.

After both of them got up and had a simple breakfast, Jiang Junmo took the initiative to grab a broom and went outside to sweep the snow.

Lu Xia looked at the still falling snow and figured that it might be futile to sweep it, so she shouted at him, “Just clear a path to the door; take it easy, and if you feel cold, come back quickly!”

“Okay!” Jiang Junmo obediently replied.

However, when Lu Xia finished tidying up the house and looked outside again, she found that he had already cleared the path and was now sweeping the snow in other areas.

Lu Xia hurriedly put on her clothes and went outside. “Didn’t I tell you to just clear a path? Why are you still sweeping?”

Jiang Junmo looked up at her with a smile. “The snow in other places needs to be cleared eventually, so I’ll do that first. Otherwise, it will be even harder to handle if it accumulates more.”

Though he said so, can his body handle it?

So Lu Xia took the initiative and said, “You’ve been sweeping for so long; take a rest now. I’ll take care of the rest.”