261-270

Chapter 261 – Watching the Commotion

Lu Xia’s astonishment was undeniable. Looking at the crowd that had gathered to watch, she couldn’t spot any educated youth among them.

She really wanted to rush to the educated youth spot immediately to see what was going on. However, she also realized it might be better not to get involved in this commotion. She wasn’t sure if it would affect the educated youths or not.

She was worried about this, and the villagers were equally afraid of being implicated.

“Hey, this Educated Youth Yang is quite audacious. Can he really get away with these speculative activities?”

“Yes, he’s only been in the countryside for a short while, and he’s already caused such a big fuss. I wonder if it will affect the village.”

“Yeah, he seemed like a good kid. He even came to my house before, exchanged some mountain goods with me, saying he wanted to send them home. I thought he was a filial child back then, who would have thought…”

“He visited my house too, and he said the same thing…”

Some people quickly caught on,

“Could he be selling these things to others?”

Everyone felt a shiver at the thought, “Could those people just now mistake us for being involved?”

“Oh God, I have no idea! Isn’t Educated Youth Yang causing harm?”

At this point, the accountant spoke up, “Enough with the talking, everyone remember, you know nothing about this, and it has nothing to do with you.”

Others immediately fell silent upon hearing this, refraining from saying more and dispersed.

And Lu Xia also went back along with them.

However, on her way back, she saw from a distance that the village head was already seeing off those people. It seemed that things had been clarified at the educated youth spot.

She just didn’t know if Li Yalan had been discovered.

But among the people who left, there was no sign of Li Yalan, so it’s probably fine.

Lu Xia now wanted to go to the educated youth spot to inquire, but she also knew that after this incident, nobody would probably be in the mood to talk. So she planned to ask the next day.

However, when she got back, she did mention the matter to Jiang Junmo.

“Just now, the inspection team came. They said Educated Youth Yang was arrested for engaging in speculative activities.”

Jiang Junmo frowned upon hearing this, “When did this happen?”

“Just now, when I came back, I saw people at the village committee. I went to see what was happening, and then I heard about it. Those people even went to the educated youth spot to ask, but I don’t know if he confessed about Li Yalan.”

Jiang Junmo’s frown deepened upon hearing this, “You dare to join the commotion caused by the inspection team? Your courage is getting bigger!”

Lu Xia shrank back upon hearing this, feeling somewhat guilty. She stammered, “I didn’t mean to. I didn’t realize they were from the inspection team when I went there, and I didn’t get close. I didn’t even go to the educated youth spot.”

Jiang Junmo understood that his wife had this kind of hobby, so he couldn’t say much. He just emphasized again, “No matter what, you need to prioritize your safety when watching commotions in the future!”