47-48

Chapter 47 – Cheng Yujiao

Su Man felt a little disappointed after hearing her refusal.

She thought Lu Xia couldn’t stand the crowded conditions at the educated youth spot, so she invited her.

After all, she had recently observed that Lu Xia didn’t lack much, although her clothes were not great, she probably had enough money.

She thought they were similar, so she made the invitation, but she didn’t expect to be rejected. Her expression soured a bit, but she didn’t say anything. However, her attitude towards Lu Xia returned to normal afterwards.

Lu Xia silently breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Su Man’s reaction. She always felt on edge when she was too close to the protagonist, fearing that something might happen. It was good that they were distant again.

However, Su Man didn’t move out temporarily after being rejected by Lu Xia. She also knew that the location was remote, so she wanted to find a companion.

Another reason was that she couldn’t cook and wanted someone to help her with it.

Actually, she had caught more than two wild game in the past few days, but she didn’t want to bring them all out to share with everyone, so she tried to cook them herself in the mountains. However, her cooking skills were not good, and the taste was difficult to swallow, so it was all wasted.

That’s why she wanted to find someone to move out as soon as possible. Originally, Lu Xia was the most suitable candidate, but after being rejected, she didn’t know who else to turn to.

Zhuang Hongmei was definitely not an option. Su Man had cooked with her before, and since she couldn’t cook, every time it was their group’s turn, she would give Zhuang Hongmei a work point to make the meal. But aside from her terrible cooking, she also had a bad temper.

As for the old educated youths, they all had their own small teams, and Su Man couldn’t easily join them, so she could only settle for the current situation.

Soon, it was the end of July. Lu Xia and the others had been in the countryside for almost a month. That day, when they finished work, they suddenly noticed that there was an extra person at the educated youth spot.

This person was a girl who seemed to be around the same age as them. She was petite and cute, with fair skin. She was wearing trendy shoes and didn’t fit in with everyone else’s unkempt appearance. This scene reminded Lu Xia of the first time she met Su Man.

So, who was this person?

But she quickly found out.

The girl’s eyes lit up when she saw them return and she immediately rushed towards one of the male educated youths.

Then, she directly hugged Gu Xiangnan’s arm.

“Brother Xiangnan, I missed you so much! I came to find you. Are you happy?” she exclaimed.

Even Gu Xiangnan was taken aback by her enthusiasm. He didn’t expect her to hug him directly. In this era, it was difficult for men and women to be so intimate, especially after getting married. Moreover, her words made him even more confused.

Gu Xiangnan quickly pulled his arm out of her embrace, seemingly surprised by her sudden appearance. He asked in astonishment, “Yujiao? What are you doing here?”

Cheng Yujiao didn’t get angry when he pulled his arm away. She smiled and looked at him, saying, “I came to find you. I heard you were going to the countryside, so my dad arranged for me to go to the same place as you.”

“What? You came to the countryside? Weren’t you going to work in the cultural troupe?” Gu Xiangnan was astonished.

Hearing this, Cheng Yujiao pouted, “I missed you! So I quit the cultural troupe.”