331-340

Chapter 331 – Roommate Introductions

Afterwards, the girl on Tan Yunfang’s upper bunk also spoke, she seemed rather shy.

“I’m Tang Yuan, from Shanghai.”

Her voice was soft and gentle, somewhat reminiscent of Feng Zhenzhu’s accent, just a bit softer.

Her appearance was fair and clean, and she seemed to have a good personality…

After the introductions on the opposite side were done, there were only two people left for the bed spaces on Lu Xia’s side. The girl on the lower bunk next to Lu Xia was strikingly beautiful, with a somewhat proud air. Her self-introduction was also quite distinct.

“I’m… Xie Guifang, from Jiangxi Province. My father is the director of the county government, and my mother is the chairwoman of the labor union. I used to work for the labor union as well. After the semester starts, I intend to apply to be the class monitor. I hope you all can vote for me.”

With that, nobody replied. Lu Xia felt that this person was quite unusual. Not only did she introduce herself in a unique way, but she even started campaigning. Oh, and she mentioned her parents’ professions as well. She appeared quite proud, but her name sounded a bit rustic.

Seeing that no one responded, Xie Guifang furrowed her brow. Just as she was about to say something, the person on the bunk above her spoke first: “I’m Ye Nan, from Beijing. I’m 20 years old this year. Nice to meet all of you.”

This person had a student-style haircut and flashed a set of white teeth when she smiled. She had a somewhat heroic appearance and appeared outgoing and friendly by nature.

Lu Xia smiled and nodded at her, and then Yu Wan introduced herself again. That way, everyone got acquainted.

Afterward, they chatted for a while. Lu Xia learned that their dormitory was a mix of students from different majors. Lu Xia, Yu Wan, and Xie Guifang were all English majors, while the other three were from the Literature Department.

Yu Wan was quite envious since she originally wanted to major in literature but didn’t get admitted.

Seeing them having such a cheerful conversation, Xie Guifang felt ignored. Combined with the fact that no one had responded to her earlier remarks, she grew somewhat irritated.

She also didn’t find Tan Yunfang’s child very pleasing to her eyes.

Seizing the opportunity while they were chatting, she directly said, “Tan Yunfang, how long is your child planning to stay in the dorm? The space is already so small, adding one more person isn’t convenient. And, will the child cry at night? I’m sensitive to noise, so please don’t disturb my sleep.”

As her words fell, the dormitory fell silent. No one had expected her to be so direct. They didn’t know how to respond.

Seeing the embarrassment on Tan Yunfang’s face and the fear in her child’s eyes, Lu Xia sighed and spoke up to ease the tension.

“I won’t be staying in the dormitory at night. Xiao Ya can sleep in my bed. You’ll just need to bring your own blanket. This way, the dormitory won’t be overcrowded.”

Tan Yunfang smiled gratefully at her response, “Thank you, Lu Xia, but there’s no need. Xiao Ya is small, and my bed can accommodate her. Sorry for the trouble. Actually, I’ve already applied to the school, and they agreed. I also applied for work-study, so once I save enough money, I’ll move out with Xiao Ya.”

In the dormitory, besides Xie Guifang, the others also understood the situation. After all, Xiao Ya had already spent a night in the dormitory yesterday, and she seemed obedient and well-behaved.