53-60

Chapter 53 – Fishing

Lu Xia wanted to buy a fishing basket first, but there probably weren’t many of those in the village.

So she bought a backpack in the village instead. When others asked her, she said she planned to go up the mountain to take a look. Everyone thought she was going to pick wild fruits like everyone else, so they didn’t say much.

During this season, some wild fruits had ripened, and many children ran up the mountain.

After getting the backpack, Lu Xia walked upstream as Shen Qingqing had suggested.

When she arrived at the location, she indeed found that the water here was much deeper upstream, and there weren’t many people around. It was probably because people had drowned here before, so everyone avoided this place. That made it convenient for Lu Xia.

She looked into the river but didn’t see any big fish. However, she didn’t give up. Instead, she scooped up some spiritual spring water with her hand and poured it into the water.

Although spiritual spring water didn’t have such a great effect, it was still attractive to small animals.

Last time, while drinking water on the road, Lu Xia was accidentally bumped by a child from the village, causing the spiritual spring water in her water bottle to spill all over the ground. Then she saw several chickens pecking at the ground.

She just didn’t know if it could attract fish.

Lu Xia was a little anxious, but soon she saw several noticeably larger fish swimming over.

Excited by the sight, Lu Xia directly lifted the backpack and tried to scoop up the fish. The result was evident.

She didn’t catch a single one…

The spiritual spring water quickly dissipated in the water, and the fish swam away.

Lu Xia busied herself for a while, but in the end, her effort to fetch water with a bamboo basket was in vain.

However, the desire to eat meat wasn’t easily abandoned!

Moreover, she had seen big fish.

So she tried another method. This time, she directly caught several earthworms from the ground and wrapped them in spiritual spring water before putting them into the backpack. Then she placed the backpack in the water.

She believed that once the fish were attracted by the scent of the spiritual spring water, they wouldn’t be able to resist the earthworms.

As expected, several fish quickly swam over. However, they stayed outside the backpack and didn’t go inside. So Lu Xia changed her direction, and soon a fish took the bait, diving in.

Without hesitation, Lu Xia lifted the backpack, and now there was a palm-sized fish inside.

She didn’t know what species it was, but it looked flat. Nevertheless, Lu Xia was still happy. She finally had a catch.

After that, she used the same method to catch two more fish and then stopped. She was a bit tired, and three fish were enough for her alone.

Next time, it would be better to bring a fishing rod and try fishing.

Lu Xia didn’t go back to the educated youth spot with the three fish. She cleaned them up directly by the river and washed other things. Then she walked along another path and left.

There was a small forest nearby, adjacent to the cowshed. Usually, few people came here. She planned to cook the fish here.

Otherwise, if she returned to the educated youth spot, everyone would have to share the fish together.