29-30

Chapter 29 – Su Man

In the novel, Jiang Junmo had a very low presence. It was only known that he seemed to have poor health and couldn’t handle physical work. He also couldn’t tolerate the cold weather in the Northeast. After a few months in the countryside, things weren’t going well for him. By the time winter came, he fell ill from the cold and didn’t make it through.

The female lead shed tears with a touch of sorrow and helped the male lead with Jiang Junmo’s funeral arrangements.

Because of this, they received help from the Jiang family when they returned to the capital, and their careers also went smoothly.

It can be said that everything the protagonist did was not in vain.

With these thoughts in mind, Lu Xia glanced at Jiang Junmo again and felt it was a pity that such a stunning person had passed away like this.

Jiang Junmo seemed to notice her gaze and looked back as well.

Lu Xia didn’t know if he recognized her, but she pretended not to know him. After all, the incident in the park was quite embarrassing.

So she nodded at him, and he nodded back.

Then Lu Xia continued to lower her head and ponder.

She prayed that she wouldn’t be assigned to the same village as them when they went to the countryside. It was well known that wherever the protagonist was, accidents were inevitable.

She didn’t want to cause trouble; she just wanted to pass these years peacefully.

However, she suddenly had a bad premonition. At this moment, she was sitting together with two characters from the book. What if they were assigned to the same village later?

Lu Xia carefully recalled.

She didn’t remember the names of the background characters in the book, but she had some impression.

In her memory, there was an introverted and shy girl who went to the countryside with the male and female leads.

It seemed that she had eaten the food the male lead gave her on the train, which made her develop feelings for him. Later, she received help and care from the male lead in the countryside, and gradually fell in love with him.

But she was introverted and didn’t dare to express her feelings. She silently helped him with his tasks, but she was still young, and soon the female lead discovered her.

Before the female lead could take any action, she got entangled with the village’s troublemaker. Her reputation was ruined, and with the fast spread of rumors in the countryside, she became known as a promiscuous female educated youth.

And the last straw that broke her was when the male and female leads officially got together.

Her life lost its brightness, and in order to avoid marrying the troublemaker, she jumped into the river.

A young life ended just like that, and her body was never recovered.

And this incident was just a small episode in the novel. She wasn’t even a supporting character, at most, just cannon fodder.

The more Lu Xia thought about this person, the more she realized how similar she was to the original host’s personality!

So she had actually appeared in the novel, but as a cannon fodder?

Lu Xia almost cursed out loud!

Just now, she was sympathizing with Jiang Junmo, but she didn’t expect that she herself was in the same situation!