271-280

Chapter 271 – Two Girls Fought Over Educated Youth Shen

Upon hearing this, Lu Xia understood. She knew that Cheng Yujiao was still up to her tricks. However, she hadn’t expected her combat skills to be this strong.

She wondered how Su Man would handle this situation.

To be honest, Lu Xia was somewhat disappointed in the male lead, Gu Xiangnan, in this novel. The author portrayed him as handsome, well-off, and most importantly, having good character – honest, upright, and open-hearted.

Yet, after spending so much time together, she had noticed indecisiveness in Gu Xiangnan’s personality.

Cheng Yujiao had caused so much trouble for so long, and she was still causing a ruckus now. If Lu Xia were Su Man, she would have kicked him out long ago!

Su Man couldn’t find someone suitable under her conditions. Why was she insisting on hanging onto a tree that wouldn’t bear fruit?

Originally, Lu Xia wanted to see how things would turn out between Su Man and Gu Xiangnan this time. But before she could find out, another incident occurred at the educated youth spot!

Of course, this time it wasn’t the old educated youths involved, but the newly arrived Educated Youth Shen, Shen Yifan.

One day, two village girls got into a fight because of Shen Yifan.

At first, nobody knew why they were fighting, and it escalated from verbal insults to physical blows. When they were finally separated, they were still cursing at each other.

Both claimed to be Shen Yifan’s romantic interest.

One said she had given Shen Yifan sweet potatoes, the other claimed to have given him steamed buns. One said he had written poetry for her, the other said he had played music for her.

In short, every word they said left the villagers bewildered!

So… was Shen Yifan stepping on two boats?

Upon hearing the news, Village Chief Liu’s expression turned grim. He immediately sent someone to bring Shen Yifan to the village.

Other educated youths who heard about the incident also gathered around.

Lu Xia and Sun Shengnan joined the crowd out of curiosity.

By the time they arrived, Shen Yifan had already figured out what had happened. He spoke righteously, “I haven’t been in a romantic relationship with them. The bond between us is one of pure revolutionary friendship! Is there some misunderstanding?”

Seeing his expression as if he had been misunderstood, the Village Chief fell silent and asked, “If there’s no romantic relationship, why did they give you food?”

Shen Yifan confidently replied, “They admire me and want to learn from me, so they try to please me.”

His words were followed by a silence in the room.

People had thought he was coming up with excuses, but seeing his earnest expression, they believed he genuinely thought this way.

For a moment, nobody knew what to say.

Lu Xia almost burst out laughing. Truly bizarre. Where did he get such confidence?

He didn’t even consider how precious food was nowadays. If they weren’t romantically involved, why would anyone give him food? Yet Shen Yifan acted as if it were his due.

At this point, one of the girls said, “Comrade Shen, how could you think like this? When did I say I wanted to learn from you? Wasn’t it you who said I was different from the other girls and actively pursued me?”