27-28

Chapter 27 – Gu Xiangnan

After boarding the train, Lu Xia found her seat by following the seat number on her ticket. It was a four-seat compartment, but she was the only one occupying it at the moment.

She struggled to lift her luggage and put it on the overhead luggage rack. Fortunately, drinking spiritual spring water recently had increased her strength, and the canvas bags, although they appeared large, didn’t contain anything heavy, so she managed to place them up there.

However, the other passengers on the train were unaware of this. By now, the carriage had filled up with several people. Some were surprised to see such a young girl with such strength and approached her to strike up a conversation. After a few exchanges, they realized that everyone in the compartment was a sent-down youth, making the atmosphere more friendly.

Once Lu Xia had put away her luggage, she took her seat. She was sitting in a four-seat compartment, and her seat was by the window. The window of the green train could be opened.

As she sat there, feeling the breeze and watching the tearful scenes on the platform outside, she felt a sense of calm. She was finally leaving!

She wondered how her family would react when they found out that she had sold her job. They would probably be furious, it’s a pity she wouldn’t be able to see their reactions…

Lu Xia sat on the train for a while, and about ten minutes before departure, a man finally arrived to take the seat across from her.

The man was tall and handsome, with a handsome face and well-defined features. He had a high nose bridge and appeared young but not short in stature. He had a well-proportioned figure and was indeed a handsome young man!

Lu Xia didn’t expect there to be so many handsome guys in this era. She had already seen two in just a few days since she arrived.

Moreover, his dress and appearance were impressive. He seemed to be better dressed than the average person, and the luggage he carried was also a high-end one that Lu Xia hadn’t bought before. He looked more like he was going on a business trip rather than to the countryside.

After boarding the train, the handsome guy, like Lu Xia, first placed his luggage in the overhead compartment and then took his seat. When he saw Lu Xia sitting across from him, he smiled at her, revealing a set of white teeth. He had a sunny disposition.

“Hello, comrade. My name is Gu Xiangnan, and I’m a young educated youth going to Liaoning Province,” he greeted.

So he was indeed a young educated youth going to the countryside. Hearing him introduce himself, Lu Xia raised an eyebrow and thought to herself that there were many people named Xiangnan in this era. She had read a novel before where the male protagonist was named Gu Xiangnan.

She nodded at him and introduced herself as well, “Hello, I’m Lu Xia, also a young educated youth going to Liaoning Province.”

Gu Xiangnan seemed cheerful, and upon hearing that she was also going to Liaoning Province, he enthusiastically asked about her specific destination. To their surprise, they were going to the same township!

What a coincidence!

Even Lu Xia felt somewhat astonished. She wondered if they would be assigned to the same village later. If that were the case, they would have to live together for several years.

Glancing at Gu Xiangnan’s handsome face, she couldn’t help but think that he would surely attract attention.

As they chatted, the train was about to depart, and another person came to sit next to Lu Xia.