251-260

Chapter 251 – Miscarriage

Ever since Sun Shengnan became pregnant, she frequently visited Lu Xia to discuss pregnancy-related matters and play with Kang Kang.

“Your Kang Kang is such a well-behaved baby. I’ve never seen such a quiet child before. He’s so easy to handle!”

“Yeah, I think he takes after his dad. I definitely wasn’t this quiet when I was a kid.”

Sun Shengnan nodded in agreement. “Yes, he does seem quite similar to Educated Youth Jiang in terms of personality.”

Saying this, she lowered her head and gently touched her slightly bulging belly. “I hope my baby will be a bit more like Liu Jun, to save us some trouble.”

Lu Xia teased her, “Sure, he can have Liu Jun’s personality, but let’s hope he gets your looks.”

Hearing this, Sun Shengnan also laughed. Liu Jun had an ordinary appearance, and perhaps due to working hard, he looked a bit haggard. If their child looked like him, he’d probably resemble a little old man.

“Yes, let’s hope he gets my looks. Haha, for a girl, she should look like me. And if it’s a boy, he can take after his dad a bit.”

The two of them discussed their future children with laughter. Then, they heard someone shouting outside.

They exchanged glances and curiously went outside to see what was happening. It sounded like there was a fight in the village, and it seemed quite serious.

Both of them decided to follow and see what was going on.

However, with one carrying a child and the other pregnant, they couldn’t move quickly. By the time they arrived, the commotion had already ended.

It was only then that they learned the fight had been between Zhao Hua and Shi Chunyan.

These two had been scheming against each other since they got married. Of course, there was no real affection between them. Before they got married, Shi Chunyan saw that Zhao Hua was a learned person and fair-skinned compared to the villagers. Although he couldn’t match Jiang Junmo’s looks, he wasn’t bad either. She thought they could have a good life together.

However, before they got married, Zhao Hua would fawn over her, but after the wedding, he ignored her. Later, when the spots for college ran out, he even refused to speak to her.

Shi Chunyan, who had been pampered by her family since childhood, couldn’t tolerate this injustice. So, they would quarrel every few days.

Of course, Lu Xia had heard about this issue in the village, but she didn’t expect the fight to be so intense this time.

When they arrived, they saw blood on Shi Chunyan’s pants. She was being carried to the health center.

And Zhao Hua was lying on the ground, beaten by Shi’s relatives, with a swollen face and bruises all over. According to what people were saying, Shi Chunyan might have had a miscarriage.

Seeing all of this, Lu Xia couldn’t help but feel a bit saddened.

Looking at Zhao Hua’s current state, he had none of the spirit he had during their time at the educated youth spot. One could only say that he was reaping what he had sowed.

Then, she turned to Sun Shengnan, who had a complex expression in her eyes. But Lu Xia didn’t linger; she looked at her and said, “Let’s go, let’s head back.”

During the journey back, neither Lu Xia nor Sun Shengnan spoke. After a while, Sun Shengnan said, “Actually, I’ve come to terms with everything. My life is good now, and I’ll soon have my own child. I’ve long let go of him. It’s just that when I think about his ambitious words back then and see how he is now, I feel a little embarrassed.”