45-46

Chapter 45 – Responding Strongly

Because the meals in the past few days didn’t have much flavor, Lu Xia had secretly eaten quite a few steamed buns and mantou that she had bought in her storage. But she still craved meat.

However, she couldn’t satisfy her craving. Fortunately, she drank spiritual spring water every day, so her health didn’t deteriorate due to the bland food. On the contrary, she felt better and better.

Her skin gradually became fairer, and she started gaining some weight. She was no longer as emaciated as before, and her strength had increased significantly. As a result, her work became much easier.

To find a reason for her own transformation, starting from that day, Lu Xia began drinking a glass of malted milk every morning and drinking it.

Truly a high-end health product from the 1970s, it tasted quite good. However, every time she drank it, she would receive disdainful looks from Zhuang Hongmei.

Lu Xia generally ignored her attitude. As long as she didn’t provoke her, it was fine. After all, Zhuang Hongmei was the type of person who would self-destruct without any interference.

But perhaps the more Lu Xia ignored her, the more Zhuang Hongmei thought she was easy to b*lly.

That morning, while Lu Xia was drinking her malted milk, she heard Zhuang Hongmei sarcastically comment, “You dress like a beggar but drink malted milk every day. You’re really pretending to be a lady. Who do you think you are, some rich capitalist’s daughter?”

Lu Xia frowned upon hearing this and didn’t indulge her anymore.

“So, drinking malted milk makes me a rich capitalist’s daughter? Then the supply and marketing cooperative also sells malted milk. Is that also run by capitalists?

According to your logic, others can’t have something nice to eat? They must eat bran and swallow vegetables every day to prove that they’re not rich capitalist’s daughters?

Are people with better conditions automatically considered capitalists?

You can’t afford it yourself, so what’s the point of criticizing others?

Why is your mouth so foul?

My family knows that I’ve had poor health since I was young and came to the countryside, so they specially bought malted milk for me to nourish myself. You can envy all you want, but your jealous and twisted expression is disgusting.

I used to ignore you, but it seems like you’re pushing it.

I’ll say this once today: I’m not the kind of person you think is easy to b*lly. If there’s a next time, you’ll see!”

After speaking, Lu Xia looked at her with an expressionless face.

Hearing these words, everyone in the educated youth spot was stunned. They didn’t expect Lu Xia, who usually had a low presence and didn’t speak much, to suddenly become so fierce.

Even Zhuang Hongmei was intimidated by her aura and didn’t dare to say anything more.

Lu Xia didn’t care about what others thought. Although she wanted to keep a low profile, she wasn’t someone anyone could b*lly.

Sometimes, it was necessary to be firm in order to let others know that they couldn’t be pushed around, which could make life easier and save a lot of trouble.

Su Man drinks malted milk every day too. Why doesn’t Zhuang Hongmei say anything to her? It’s because she thinks she is easy to b*lly.

Due to the incident in the morning, everyone was relatively silent, and even Zhuang Hongmei didn’t dare to approach Lu Xia.