Chapter 3: The Gemini

That morning, Alexander woke up feeling like having a heavy weight has been placed on his chest. He doesn't feel like rising from the bed. He very well knew what will happen this day... exactly the same thing happens since he left Encantasia. Just like what happened yesterday...

---==O==---

"Get out of here malignant monster!!" shouted a young boy after flinging a stone on Alexander's head.

The mother of the child quickly covered the child's mouth. Alexander heard clearly the words that came out of the woman's mouth after, "Don't do that again! That monster might curse you if he gets angry at you." then she spanked her own son.

The boy cried, he threw sharp gaze at Alexander as if his glare were javelins impaling the enkanto's chest. Alexander was saddened, he just walked away having intense forlornness in his chest.

---==O==---

Alexander just lets out a sigh and pushed himself to get up. He forced a smile on his face and tried to light a hope that he can soon find his mother.

He went out of the room and paid the old woman that owns the inn. After that, he heard the innkeeper and a guest muttering.

"Why is that enkanto here?"

"I don't know. It's possible that he's looking for someone to curse. It's really scary, isn't it?"

He closed his eyes, trying not to be affected. He then walked out of the inn. He won't let anyone to wreck his day, especially not those words he heard.

---==O==---

Roan cheerfully exited the jewelry store. She held the jewel Mister Pabs gave her against her index finger, it then magically turned into a ring. "I'm so lucky!" she said happily. She can feel her spiritual energy intensified a bit.

"We're luckier because we found you, Miss." Said one of the two strange-looking men near the entrance of the store.

One of the men is huge both vertically and horizontally, he looks more like a walking gulaman with a beard. His body's wiggling all over when he breathes. He possesses a single canine planted on his lower gums. The one who talked is the total opposite of his companion, he's not so tall and he's very skinny. He looks like a kite, all bones and skin. Or maybe a house lizard.

The house lizard man approached Roan and arrogantly said, "Give me whatever you bought from this store and nothing bad will happen to you." while playing with the dagger on his hand.

"I didn't know that there were robbers in Barrio Masangsang. I only heard that this town has been peaceful since the War of the Noble ended." Roan answered bravely.

Barrio Masangsang. It's a small town in the southwest part of the Kingdom of Gansia. It may be a small town, but it's rich in history since this is where the War of the Noble took place. At the center of the town is a concrete park, where the statue of the noble who led the war lies, it's the favorite playing ground of the children living here. On both sides of the village are two forests which are well-known as the home of some mysterious creatures.

The other man laughed, his huge tummy wiggled vigorously. "You're one brave woman. That's the character of a woman that I want to marry." He said with his deep, deep voice. It sounds like he's talking from inside a deep well.

She flipped her long hair just a bit then snobbishly said, "I know that I'm pretty, but I'm deeply sorry mister, but I don't go out with a baboon." She sneered at him, unfolded her abanico, and fanned her face.