Chapter 11: The Magic Within

Lawrence swiftly slashed the men attacking them but it seems as if his attacks were useless. The blade of his spear just passes through them.

"Kuya I told you they're not humans. Stop tiring yourself." said Lawrice in his head.

"Then what are they?" he asked after barely dodging one of the attacks. He got a bruise from that slash. He kicked the anino in the head but his feet just passed through too.

"They're aninos, just shadows. Your attacks are useless to them." Laurice explained.

"Then what should I do?" if shadows can't be damaged by physical attacks then why did he got hurt from their attacks. "Tss!! This is frustrating!"

"Let me handle them... I'll use my albus majicae." she suggested.

"No! You just woke up, I won't let you drain your energy again!" Lawrence dodged another attack. He's been dodging all these time and he's wasting his energy. He needs to find a way to defeat them somehow.

"I'll be fine, kuya. Let me protect you this time, please..."

"I said no!" he shouted as he stab one of the aninos but his spear just passed though.

"Don't be stubborn, kuya! Trust me!" Lawrice didn't stop convincing her twin. Their enemies are mere shadows that had life force because of their will to separate from the physical body. They're like spirits, so only spiritual attacks can damage them. Though she's been wondering how can aninos show up in broad daylight. Not only that, They also have form.

"You're the one being stubborn, Lawrice. No means no!" he was so busy dodging those in front of him, it was too late when he realized there's one behind him.

"Kuya!" shouted Laurice when his brother received a fatal blow.

"Dammit!" he hissed and slashed the opponent that injured him, but his attack was nil. He's bleeding badly, his vision bacame blurred and shaky.

"I'm sorry Lawrence." said Lawrice. She forced herself to take over Lawrence's body.

"What do you think you're doing?!" shouted Lawrence when he felt he's losing control over his body. "Stop it!"

"I'm sorry..." she replied. She's in full control now. She waved her light hand from left to right,

"Disaeptum!!"

A light barrier was created around Lawrence's body. All of the attacks of the aninos just bounced. She followed up with crossing her middle and index fingers on her right hand and kissing it,

"Refectuim!!"

The wounds on her body started to heal slowly.

"Lawrice!!" shouted Lawrence in his head when Lawrice suddenly knelt in fatigue. She's using her energy too much by using his body yet she even used more by using her priestess abilities.

"I'm fine, kuya." said Lawrice and forced herself to stand, using the spear as support. She burried the end of the spear on the ground, intertwined her fingers and shouted,

"Sanctus Catenae!!"

Numerous chains of light suddenly came out from her palms, entangling most of the aninos.

"Stop it Laurice! If you keep doing that you might..." Lawrence cried. She used too many chains. He could feel the torture his sister feels at that very moment. It's like hundreds of needles piercing through her spirit. Her energy depletes too fast and the barrier she created got thinned.