Chapter 19: Unplanned Reunion

Alexander and Drystan were done eating while waiting for Marco to finish his meal. He's taking time eating because he's also feeding his pet, Pepe, the leaves and vegetables from his plate.

"Your brother seems to be attached to his pet." Drystan broke the awkward silence that has been ruling them since their food arrived.

"For him, Pepe is not a pet, but a friend." Alexander replied.

"Ah, no wonder." Drystan smiled at Alexander. "Can I talk to you in private?" he asked.

Alexander looked at him, he was thinking if he should go with him and leave Marco.

"Don't worry, my servant will look after him while we're gone." He said assuring Alexander that Marco will be fine.

"Alright." Alexander sighed. He taped Marco's shoulder, "Tutoy, just wait for me hereth okay? Do not leave until I return."

Marco looked at Drystan first then shifted his gaze to Alexander. "Okay, kuya." He shrugged and continued eating and feeding Pepe.

"Let's go." Drystan said smiling. They walked out of the door and he called his footman, the man who scolded Marco earlier. "Look after the boy for me, take care of him. Understand?"

The servant nodded, "If that is what you wish, my lord." He bowed his head before entering the establishment.

Drystan led Alexander to an alley just across the road. They continued walking until Drystan stopped in a place where no one can see them. It was dark and only the faint light from the two crescent moons reflected by the tall wall illuminates the area, just enough for them to see each other's silhouette.

Alexander was puzzled. "Why did ye bring me hereth? What do ye want to talk about?"

"This darkness is not a problem for you, is it?" Drystan asked. "You can adjust your eyesight in the darkest of night. I chose this place because I don't want anyone to see us."

He's right. Alexander can adjust his senses for hunting. He focused his eyes and adjusted it to see Drystan clearly.

"Seems you can see me now. My turn then." Drystan said. He grabbed Alexander's collar and pushed him against the wall, staring at him straight into his eyes.

"That will not work on me." Alexander said without showing any emotion in his face.

"You are mistaken." Said Drystan. "I know that engkantos can resist hypnosis, but let's see."

Alexander's brows furrowed. "What art ye planning to do?" he asked.

Drystan smirked. He moved his body against Alexander's. They could feel each other's body heat like two different flames merging. "Do you like Alehandro?" he asked in a husky voice.

Their faces are an inch apart, they can feel each other's hot breath against their lips. Their eyesights are in contact, each refusing to dodge each other's glance. For Alexander, he doesn't want Drystan to show him any sign of fear. But for the later, he's trying to put him under his command.

"Thy lust will not do thee any good." Said Alexander. He silently took a dagger from his back.

"I won't do that if I were you..." said Drystan as he held Alexander's arm that holds the dagger.

Alexander took a deep breath. Drystan could feel the hot air against his lips. He smirked. "You didn't answer my question. Do you like Alehandro?"

"He is my friend." Alexander answered firmly.

Drystan closed the gap between their faces. Their noses met. "Is that all?" he asked, it's almost a whisper.

"What do thee want?!" Alexander doesn't like what's happening. He knows he can resist a hypnosis but he don't understand why is his body's refusing to push him away despite the strong urge of his mind to give this man a punch in the face.