Chapter 15: A Bard's Song

"How is Mayari?" Amihan asked the sun god, Apolaki, when he saw him at the hall.

Apolaki shook his head. "It's still bad. She's taking a rest, our sister Tala is looking after her." Anxiousness can be felt with the tone of his voice.

Amihan sighed. She was saddened because of what happened to Mayari. She couldn't think of anything that she could do to help the moon goddess. "I'm sorry, Apolaki. If only Aman-Sina was here, we could have done something to keep the moon eater from swallowing the moon."

"I understand. Even Father was helpless against the moon-eater, Baconaua. I just hope Aman-Sinaya would come back to prevent this thing from happening again." Apolaki said before heaving a sigh. "Please excuse me, I'll just go to my sister's room to check on her." He excused himself before turning his back on her, going to Mayari's room.

After Apolaki left, Amihan took her way to Bathala's chamber. She wanted to have a word with him. When she entered, she saw him looking out the window while holding his right hand.

"Does it still hurt?" she asked.

He turned to look at her, "It's you, Amihan. It only hurts a little now, but I'm afraid that because of this seal I couldn't use my powers to the fullest."

Amihan walked beside Bathala and held his right hand to look at it. "You shouldn't have tried to stop the Baconaua. We all know that we are powerless against him without Aman-Sina."

"But I couldn't just stand there and watch my daughter, Mayari, suffering while that serpent devours one of the moons!"

She looked at his face, she saw how worried he was for his daughter. "I know how you feel, but look at what happened to your hand. Because of that serpent seal you can't use your hand now."

"This is just temporary, so don't worry. The serpent's seal will vanish in a few days' time."

Amihan took a deep breath. Truly, the seal of Baconaua is temporary, but she also knows the pain it inflicts to Bathala. The seal also prevents energy from flowing freely in Bathala's hand, causing him not being able to use his own hand.

"Bathala, I would like to tell you that I'm leaving." Amihan broke the silence between them.

"Leaving? Will you leave Kaluwalhatian as well? Where are you planning to go?" Bathala felt anxious because of what Amihan said. Their Friend Aman-Sinaya already left, now Amihan was leaving too.

"I'm not saying I'm leaving for good. I just want to look for our friend, Aman-Sina. I'm worried about her."

"I'm worried too, but I know that she's still mad at me. You know I know nothing about her accusations." Bathala remembered Aman-Sinaya's face, how furious she was when she assumed that it was him who killed her beloved creatures.

"I know, Bathala. Don't worry, I'll make sure to bring her back here with us. Everything's going to be alright."

"I hope so, Amihan. I hope."

---==O==---

After the moon disappeared in the sky, more aninos appeared, surrounding Lawrence and Dancho.

"This getting out of hand!" shouted Dancho. "Hurry and go back to my house Lawrence!" he ordered.

"But...!"

"No buts! Go back in, NOW!" he shouted.

Lawrence didn't have a choice but to run back to the house.

"He's going to use it again..." said Selya who expressed worry on her face.

"What will he do?" Lawrence asked, but Selya didn't respond. Even Fernando remained silent.