Chapter 26.1: The Starseer (Part 1)

The goddess Aman-Sinaya was at haste, flying at the speed that could leave a monkey-eating eagle to eat dust instead. However, this magnificent display of flight was suddenly put to a halt.

"Huh?"

She was taken aback when the familiar aura she was following vanished unexpectedly. There is a town not far from her, and she noticed odd clouds above it drizzling light rains in the area. There's also smokes coming from the town, hinting that there must have been a flash fire. Thinking that there might be a connection between the familiar aura and what's happening to the town, she decided to come closer.

She landed on the tallest tree near the town, and she observed quietly.

"What could have happened here?" she asked herself.

"A war just ended."

Aman-Sinaya was startled when she heard a response. She darted her gaze towards a branch to her right and found a familiar figure of a young girl.

"Greetings, Lady Aman-Sinaya." The girl greeted her with a cute smile.

"Greetings to you, too, Tala." She responded with an odd mixture of gracefulness and authority. She is, after all, one of the three great gods in the kingdom of heaven, Kaluwalhatian. "What brought you here?" she asked curiously.

"An errand." Tala responded with a shrug. "How about you, Lady Aman-Sinaya?"

Aman-Sinaya thought for a moment before responding. "I'm just wandering around when I noticed the smokes coming from that town. I got curious that's why I came to observe." She decided to tell half of the truth. She thinks that it would be best not to tell the young goddess her secret. Even though she knew that Tala is trustworthy, she is still the youngest daughter of Bathala, Aman-Sinaya doesn't want to risk.

She originally planned to tell Bathala, but that is before they accused her of different things. She was hurt by those accusations and felt betrayed by it. In the end, she ultimately decided not to let Bathala know anything.

After a few exchange of words, Aman-Sinaya bid farewell and left Tala on the tree.

As she watched Aman-Sinaya's leaving figure, Tala heaved a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, but it's still not time, Lady Aman-Sinaya." She mumbled to herself before jumping off the tree.

---==O==---

The chaos in the Town of Pampang had finally calmed down. Though no civilians were injured, there is still an air of sorrow surrounding the town because many soldiers and pintados were injured. Blood was shed on the streets because of the war.

"Now that the war had ended, I need to end someone's life." Lei said as she took a sword from a nearby guard.

Everyone was aghast with her action. Right now, everyone was exhausted and had lost their will to fight, but Lei still hasn't given up. Everyone knew that her target would definitely be Nate.

Nate gripped his kampilan and prepared to exchange blows with Lei, but to his surprise, Lei turned at someone else.

"W-W-What are you doing?!" Dancho was stunned when he noticed Lei slashed her sword towards him. Luckily, he managed to dodge in time.

"You perverted freak has to die!" she said without batting an eye. "For the honor of the princess!" she shouted before maniacally slashing once again.

"Stop!"

Hanah, the princess of the land, finally returned to the town. She saw the infrastructures that were destroyed and the dead bodies of both town guards and pintados lying on the streets. Seeing two of his Royal Guards fighting added up to the despair she's feeling right now. She closed her eyes and heaved a deep breath, trying to suppress her emotions.