Chapter 21: The Royal Guards

As soon as Lawrence wakes up, he stretched all of his muscle groups, did five sets of pushups, sit-ups, pull-ups, and squat jumps. His sweat drips creating a small puddle on the floor. He headed to the bathroom and took a shower. He smelled his pits and smirked when he knows that he smelled good. He walked to the closet and puts on tight clothes that show the contour of his muscles. He looked at himself in front of the mirror, he ran his fingers through his hair and practiced his captivating smile. He nods his head seeing that he looks perfect. He went out of the room, striding confidently towards the door of another room. He knocked on the door three times and waited for a response.

"Trying to impress someone, dear brother?" Lawrice, whose consciousness just woke up, said in his head.

"I will just invite her for breakfast, that's all." He shrugged, trying to act normal.

"Yeah, a breakfast date." He could imagine her with a grin which made his forehead wrinkle to form a frown.

"It's not a date!" he barked.

"It is to me. Why do you keep denying that you like her? It's obvious."

"I'm not denying anything!"

"So that means you're confirming that you like her."

"I'm not confirming anything either so stop teasing me, Lawrice." He said, shaking his head before knocking again a little louder, but again, no one responded behind the door. He started to worry about what could have happened.

"It seems to me that someone just overslept. She must have been thinking about your little kissing scene last night that's why she couldn't sleep." Lawrice said to comfort his brother. She knew his brother very well, he gets worried easily for people he cared about. "Oh, I can imagine she's rolling on the bed all night touching her lips, giggling in a blissful reverie of that romantic scene."

"You think so?" his lips curved up into a smile. "Do you think she likes me too?" he asked, not realizing that he just admitted something he's been trying to keep in his heart.

"Yes. It's obvious that she likes you as much as you like her. I'm a girl too, remember? I know when a girl likes a guy. She would have slapped you hard if she didn't like the lovey-dovey kiss you gave her last night under the romantic night's sky, right? Oh, that magical moment..." she giggles.

"Lovey-dovey?" His brows furrowed of the language that his sister had used, "And who told you I like her? Do not assume things, dear sister."

"You just did." She chuckled. "Do not deny, don't tell a lie, admit it~" She sang teasingly.

"Shut up!" he barked. If only his face could get any redder than it would because of both annoyance and embarrassment.

"Oink!"

Lawrence turned and looked on his side, there he saw the same young boy with a pet boar who gave him a puzzled look. His head is tilted a little to his right and his forehead was wrinkled, giving him a 'mister, are you crazy?' look.

"H-Hi!" Lawrence raises his right hand and waved it awkwardly. He forced a smile to look normal, though, he looks like a young boy who was caught doing something shamelessly wrong. "Of all time, why does this boy catches me when I'm talking with Lawrice?!" he shouted in his thought. He wanted to slam his head into the door because of embarrassment.

"Oink! Oink! Oink!" Pepe snorted.

"Hi to you too, kuya." The boy replied but his expression didn't change a bit. He just scratched his head like he was thinking.