Chapter 17: The Insect Witch

A few hours have passed, Aling Marta, Alehandro, and even Sanang and Bosyang hasn't returned. Only the guests and the servers are in the inn. Alexander decided to wear his clothes that he hung just outside the window. After that, he left a letter on Alehandro's bed to let them know he already departed, thanking them for their warm hospitality. He also left a few silver coins for the accommodation for the past few days. Together with Marco, they left Aling Marta's Inn, bringing with them happy memories they spent with Alehandro and his family.

They took the path north of Yellow Arrow Village leading to the center of the Kingdom of Gansia. On their way, they were beautiful sceneries of different fruit-bearing trees and different kinds of flowers in bloom. Alexander decided to stop over a bridge and look at the beautiful scene before him.

"Kuya, why did he stop?" Marco asked while looking at the river below.

"This river will lead to the Pampang, is it not?" Alexander asked.

"I don't know, kuya. It's my first time here." Marco replied.

"One of the places where this river flows, there is someone who makes me smile." He said while a smile crossed his lips.

"Who, kuya? Your girlfriend?" Marco asked while tilting his head to the right.

Alexander puts his hand over Marco's had and shook his hair. "You will find out." then he continued walking.

It's already past noon when they arrived at their destination, the town of Pampang.

"Kuya, it's so nice here!" Marco was amazed, looking left and right as they walk by. He was amused seeing a lot of different structures; different shops, restaurants, and inns. He also saw traveling merchants selling toys, desserts, clothing, and many more.

"Yes, even I hast not seen anything like this before. There is nothing like this in our kingdom." Alexander agreed. Both of them were dazzled by what they see while they were walking. What's better about this place is, just like in Yellow Arrow Village, no one was looking at him like he was some sort of malignant being to be feared. He felt happy deep in his heart.

---==O==---

"Finally, we're here!" Lawrence said while stretching his legs. He walked all the way from Dancho's mountain to Pampang. The way wasn't that long but he felt tired because of the training they did in the morning.

"Should we head to the castle or eat lunch first?" Lawrice asked.

"Hmm..." Lawrence thought for a while. "Maybe we should go to the castle first, it's a castle after all, I'm sure they will feed us there." He said while rubbing his palms together.

As soon as they were in front of the castle, Lawrence was blocked by a young woman dressed in leather. "Halt! Who are you and what do you want?"

He took out the trinket that Dancho entrusted him and showed it to the woman. "Dancho sent me. I need to meet someone named Hanah."

"Such impudence!" the woman shouted. "Guards, seize him!!"

The guards gathered and surrounded him, their sharp pointed spears were pointing at him.

"What's going on?!" he asked. He was confused and shocked at the same time.

"That Dancho is a wanted person because he stole something from the princess." Explained the woman he approached earlier, probably she is the head of the guards. "Now take him to the prison!"

"W-Wait! There must be a misunderstanding!" Lawrence shouted ah he prepared his spear. "This is that shameless Dancho's fault!" he thought.

The woman quickly draws two revolvers on each hand from her waist and pointed them at him, "Surrender your weapon or suffer the consequences!"