Chapter 10: Temptations and Rivalry

Alexander sprang up from the bed and pushed the person kissing his lips, "What art thou doing?" he asked, he couldn't believe what's happening.

"Hush!!! Don't make noise, kuya might wake up." Sanang whispered to his ear and licked it. She's wearing a very thin dress where the light from the moons reveal her naked body's silhouette.

The tongue on his ear sent shivers through his spine. "He will really wake up with what thou art doing. Besides, it is not proper for a young lady to kiss a stranger."

"Don't you find me attractive?" Sanang whispered to him and blinked tenderly.

"T-That is not what I mean..." he gulped, he couldn't think clearly, he didn't know what to say, "I-I mean..."

He couldn't continue talking when he felt her lips against his. He tried to push her but she didn't let go. The kiss deepened, her tongue making its way into his mouth.

Alexander felt hot, he failed to resist the kiss. He held her nape to return the kiss, deeply, passionately. He was in a state of trance, his breaths became deep and fast when he felt the hand of Sanang against his abdomen, crawling down to his modesty. Suddenly, a familiar face blinked into his mind. He pushed Sanang away from him. He stood up from the bed and walked to the window to breathe.

"Sanang, I'm sorry but I cannot do what you want." he said in between deep breaths,

Sanang threw a sharp glare at him before walking out of the room. He knows how disappointed she is, but he couldn't really do what Sanang wants.

"For what reason?" he asked himself. If someone else was in his position surely something will happen...

"Is it because of Lawrence?"

He shook his head to shrug the idea off his head.

"It can't be."

He released a sigh before walking back to bed.

"Alexander, wake up." Alehandro said while shaking him.

"It is still dark... Let me sleep some more..." he replied groggily.

"Didn't I promised to show you how I make our tuba? Get up now." he held his arm and pulled him up.

"Aw! Alright, alright." he stood up and walked to the door while scratching his head.

"Where are you going?" Alehandro chuckled.

"I thought ye said I will come with thee? Let us go!"

"You're going out wearing only that?" he pointed his lips down at the thin short pants Alexander is wearing. Alexander scratched his head and laughed. He totally forgot he washed his clothes that night.

"Here. Your clothes are still wet so wear these in the meantime." he handed him a shirt and pants.

"Thanks." he said as he quickly wore the clothes. "Let us go!"

They went out of the inn straight to the coconut plantation. Alehandro taught him how to climb a coconut tree, how to extract juice from the flowers, and how they store the pulp. They talked like they have been friends for a long time. It was before noon when they decided to come back home to have lunch.

"Your clothes are dry, want to wear them now?" Alehandro asked while giving him the clothes.

"Maybe later, after bathing." he replied while folding them.