Chapter 25.01: Awakened Demoness (Part 1)

"Let us through!" Jifu shouted at the gate guard. "Don't you recognize who I am?" she added as she flipped her shiny hair.

"Apologies, Miss Jifu, but Kidlat ordered us not to let anyone in. The situation is very critical; we need to make sure no citizen will get hurt from the intense battle." The gate guard replied.

"Very well..." is all that Jifu said before turning her back at the guard. She inhaled as much air as her lungs could hold.

"Tacpan ye ing balugbug yu.(Cover your ears)" Said an old woman to Noiram and Roan. Roan understood what the old lady just said. Though she was wondering why they need to cover their ears, she and Noiram just followed what the old woman said when they saw the old woman and the people who were with Jifu covered their own ears.

"Let me through!!!" Jifu screamed so loud and high pitched it sounded like a drill forcing its way through the skull of anyone who hears it.

Roan, despite her ears covered, still heard the intensely shrill ringing sound that her head felt numb and her ears became temporarily deaf.

"Let's go!" Jifu said to the others. Though they didn't head what she said, her people knew what she was trying to say. Seeing the gate guards fell to the ground unconscious by her hellish scream, the way is now clear for them to pass through.

Roan, was aghast, she couldn't believe that a voice could be that powerful.

Meanwhile, someone concealing himself behind the shadow of the trees was watching the scene from afar. A smirk was drawn across his lips thinking that everything was working according to his plans.

---==O==---

Nate was devastated seeing his best warrior defeated by Alexander. His hands trembled as he gripped his sword tighter.

"Heh, you had the guts to wage war against this town and yet even your best warrior was no match for my friend." Lawrence provoked.

Nate threw a sharp glare at Lawrence and swung his sword in an attempt to behead him, however, Lawrence sensed it and bent backwards to dodge the sharp edge of the sword. Nate quickly changed the angle of his swing to chop the young man in half, but Lawrence kicked his legs, making him fall off balance. Lawrence stood up and used his spear to block another incoming side swing from Nate.

All that's left now is just a few more pintado soldiers and their leader, Nate. Though the situation seems to be under control, the Royal Guards, including Alexander, were now extremely exhausted. All that's left fighting to defend the castle were Lawrence and a few of the castle guards who were lucky to still have their heads sitting above their shoulders.

Knowing that his companions were all tired and had used up all their energy, Lawrence was determined to defeat Nate to make an end to the war. He knew that if the leader had fallen, the rest will surrender.

But it isn't as easy as he thought...

"Wind Dance!!"

Lawrence formed three images of himself and tried to assault Nate, but he just dodged his attack with ease.

"Sanctus Catenae!!"

Lawrice quickly took control over her brother's body, and she unleashed chains of light to bind Nate, but Nate just stepped on the chains skillfully like a spider walking on its web.

Lawrence switched in and pulled the chains and whipping them at Nate.

Nate jumped to dodge and picked up a kampilan from one of the fallen pintados on the ground. Now he holds a sword in each hand. He shook his hands and swung the swords a few times before smirking at Lawrence. "Playtime is over, kid." He said with his eyes sparkling with murderous intent.

Alexander saw that Lawrence was having a hard time dealing with the pintados leader. He looked around and saw an arrow stuck on a dead opponent. He quickly approached the corpse and pulled the arrow. He was about to load the arrow onto his bow when his vision suddenly got blurred. His senses dropped drastically, a recoil for his temporary status boost earlier. It will take time before his senses return to normal. Despite the drawback he is experiencing, he's still determined to help Lawrence. He promised himself to protect that man no matter what happens.

He loads the arrow on his bow and aimed at Nate. He focused all his attention on his target that he didn't sense a pintado behind him. The sneaky opponent raised his kampilan, ready to behead the inattentive engkanto. When Alexander released his arrow, a sharp clang was also heard behind him. He turned and saw that the pintado behind him was disarmed by a sparkling ball. The ball swung once again, hitting the pintado right between the eyes, knocking him unconscious.

Though Alexander's vision is still unstable, he knew that the ball was from the masked ally. He nods his head as a sign of thanks to the unknown man.

Meanwhile, the arrow that Alexander released failed to hit its target. Nate sensed it and parried it with his two swords. Lawrence took this as an opportunity. He swung the light chain which wrapped around the legs of Nate. He then pulled it forcefully which knocked Nate off balance.

But Nate quickly counter-attacked by throwing the two swords at Lawrence. The two swords spin like two saucers flying, directed at Lawrence's neck.

At this moment, Roan saw that Lawrence was in a critical situation. She felt an intense power explode from within her.

In just a split second, the two swords were engulfed by a powerful flare that sent them away. Both Lawrence and Nate were astonished by the forceful whips of flames dancing in the air between them. They turned to look at where the flames are coming from and they saw that it's is the visible aura of a woman with flaming red hair floating in the air. Her eyes were so bright they seem to produce rays of light similar to the rays of the sun.

Everyone who witnessed this were all shocked as they gaze at the dreadful woman.

"Lady Roan!!" Noiram said in disbelief.

The man hiding behind the trees had his smile widened for his plan worked perfectly.