Chapter 20: Tricks and Treat

Drystan, who transformed into a kuraya, a bird double the size of a great monkey-eating eagle with feathers that were pitch black all over except for the chest which was yellowish white. He is hovering in the sky while his seven heads looking down at Lawrence, Roan, Alexander, and Noiram. He looked up into the sky and released a shrill cry.

Lawrence jumped to the roof, followed by Alexander. Lawrence brandished his spear for Alexander to use as a platform, adding force to accelerate him further sending him at a great speed towards Drystan.

Using his dagger, Alexander tried to slash the neck of one of the kuraya's heads, but it was blocked by two heads gripping the dagger with their beaks. The four other heads were about to peck on him when Alexander twisted his body to unleash a roundhouse kick. It was blocked by Drystan's talons, but the force was too great that Drystan was pushed back into the air, spinning.

Meanwhile, Roan closed her eyes and chanted, "Pangisnawang mamiye biye, sesese kareng gang lilangan, pakiramdaman me ing cacung awus, gawan ing cacung buburian!" her body emitted a yellowing light, a sign that the magick is ready to be unleashed.

Drystan recovered, she spread his wings to balance himself in the air, however, Lawrence appeared above him with his spear over his head.

"Moon's Fang!!"

Drystan barely dodged that overhead slash, some of his wing feathers fell off. He counter attacked with a fireball coming from one of his heads. Lawrence saw it coming so he crossed his arms to block the flame. He got a minor burn on his arms.

"Wind Blade!!"

Roan unleashed her Wind Blade sending it towards Drystan. One of his heads fell off when he was hit by the sharp blade of wind in the neck. The six remaining heads screeched in pain.

Alexander landed on his feet, followed by Lawrence. The two of them high-fived. They faced Roan and she high fived both of them as well.

"Mind if I add a little background music, milady, and gentlemen?" Noiram butts-in.

"That'll be great!" Lawrence felt excited. He thinks that it's cool to have music while fighting, just like the RPG's that he loves to play.

"Kuya!" they all turned to the entrance of the inn and they saw Marco and Pepe. "Go kick some arse!" he shouted as he flings a bow and a quiver to Alexander.

Alexander caught them. "Thank thee, Tutoy!" he shouts back. He placed the quiver on his back and held the bow with his left hand.

Noiram shouted, "Ascoltando il vento, le stelle, e le onde!" before plucking the strings of his instrument.

With the music playing, they felt their stamina increased and their body felt lighter, increasing their physical capabilities... unlike the music he played to assist Roan in Mount Suko which gives a spiritual boost.

"Ohh, yeah! Keep rocking!" Lawrence shouted and gave Noiram a thumbs up before holding his spear with two hands. He leaped and he was surprised that he can jump twice as high as before, he can also do a double jump in mid-air. He twists his body and spins, formulating a new technique with his newly-found speed.

"Solar Flare!!"

While spinning, the blade of his spear lights up and produced flames flaring out.

Drystan managed to cross his wings to block the incoming attack, but he was knocked back and slammed against the wall. The wall dented and had spider-web cracks around it. He countered by releasing a flash of lightning bolt from one of his heads and directed it to Lawrence.