Chapter 26.2: The Starseer (Part 2)

Alexander walked out of the door, thinking deeply about the relationship between Encantasia and Gansia. He never thought that his father, King Randolf, has a brothership oath with a human. Now it was clear to him why compared to other kingdoms, most of the Kingdom of Gansia's people are welcoming to his kind. Though there are still some people, especially those near the kingdom's border, are still wary of him.

He was in deep thoughts when suddenly, when he raised his head, he saw Roan in Lawrence's embrace. His heart skipped a beat and his mind went blank. He was stunned seeing the two in an intimate position.

Lawrence noticed Alexander not far from them and immediately shouted, "Alexander, call a medic, quickly!"

It was only when he heard Lawrence when Alexander went back to his senses. He nodded and hastily searched for Hanah to seek help.

Roan slowly opened her eyes. Though the light from the setting sun breaking through the glass window is weak, she still felt a stinging pain when the light rays enter her eyes. It took a few seconds before her eyesight adjusted. She looked around her and found out that she is in a room with stone walls, decorated with different tapestries. There's a large old dresser near a wooden door, a roundtable is next to her soft bed.

"Are you alright?"

A voice with a hint of worry entered her ears. She looked to her right and saw Lawrence sitting beside her. Behind him was Alexander and Hanah.

"What happened?" she asked with a hoarse voice.

"You're just stressed out. You need plenty of rest." Said Hanah.

Roan replied with a nod. "Sorry for the trouble."

Lawrence caressed her hair gently and said, "I'm glad that you're okay. You have used up a lot of your energy earlier."

Alexander saw how worried Lawrence is for Roan. Though he's worried for Roan too, but he feels a numbing pain in his chest seeing how anxious Lawrence is for her. He felt... jealous.

He took a deep breath and decided to walk out of the room. Since Roan is okay now, he felt a little relieved. But he couldn't stay and see both is friends getting closer together. Just thinking about it is torturing him.

There's a man-made lake at the park, not far from the castle. He decided to go there to have some fresh air. He sat under a tree while staring at the water. The light from the setting sun makes the lake glimmer like countless stars. On an ordinary day, the beauty of the lake may have captivated him, however, today is different. He is in deep thoughts - confused about how he feels. He couldn't help himself from heaving a deep breath.

"Your thoughts is like the lake, silent and deep. But was it deeper than the sky above that even the gods couldn't tell how deep?"

Alexander was startled when he heard someone talk. His senses were back to normal, but he didn't feel the slightest movement hinting someone approaching. This alerted him. He quickly stood and turned around to see who was it.

It was someone cloaked in an extremely black clothing. Just looking at the cloth makes one feel like they are being sucked in by the darkness where not even a strand of light escapes. It was like a starless night sky. The person was just at the height of a child in its early teens and based on the voice, Alexander was quite sure that it was a girl. The hood on her head covered her face, only the lower nose and her lips are showing.

"Who art thou?" Alexander asked calmly, but inside him, he's alert and ready to unsheathe his dagger to execute an attack in a sign of danger. Though the girl in front of him seems harmless, she's still mysterious and has an aura that makes Alexander feel like she knows everything about him.