Chapter 5: The Princess and The Guardian

"Arrgghhh!" the anggitay growled in pain, feeling the deep wound she acquired from the young man's assault. She may be immortal, but she can still be injured severely.

The injured anggitay twisted her body and unleashed a powerful kick using her hind legs to counter attack Lawrence. He was thrown in the air and crashed against a nearby tree. The impact is so forceful he gasped for air after his back slammed to it. He tried to stand only to find himself being kicked again.

He was thrown to the direction of Roan whose eyes are shut, concentrating. Both of them crash to the ground, Lawrence tried to embrace the shocked lady, making sure she won't get hurt. With Lawrence on top of Roan, she can feel her heart skip a beat, a mixture of surprise and an unfamiliar feeling crept into her entire body at that moment. She secretly smiled, but she knows this is not the time to express joy because they are still in danger in the hands of the raging creature.

Alexander saw vividly what happened, his two companions cuddling in the middle of the battle. He doesn't know why he felt a strange pain in his chest of what he just witnessed, but his annoyance towards Roan intensified in that very moment.

Lawrence hurriedly stood, "Sorry. Were you hurt?" he asked the lady while he assists her to stand.

"N-No. I'm fine." she answered while Lawrence held her hand. She blushed. She quickly took her hand from him and composed herself to chant another spell.

Alexander felt a slight prick in his heart, he tried to divert his attention from Lawrence and Roan. He was then shocked at what he saw. "How...?!" he gasped.

"Lawrence, the anggitay!" Lawrice informed him. He turned to see what happening.

Countless of fireflies surrounded the anggitay. Her deep wound gradually heals which astonished all of them. If this is the case, this battle may have no end, she will just heal back whenever they injure her.

"Surprising, isn't it?" she said mockingly.

"We didn't come here to fight you. But if this is the only way to recover the kalis for the people of Barrio Masangsang, my apologies, but we will fight." valiant words came from Lawrence's mouth.

The fireflies slowly fled away from the anggitay, a sign that he was fully recovered from her injury. She chanted a spell, her body glowed crimson...

"Fire Balls!!"

Five great balls of fire then dropped from the sky towards Roan. She immediately felt the incoming danger so she opened her eyes and quickly unfolded her abanico, using it to shield her from the fireballs.

Lawrence tried to slash her with his spear, but the anggitay just pats the shaft of it away from her. He may have a hard time to hit her, but at least, she can't do hand signs of a spell, preventing her from casting devastating magicks.

"This is my chance." Alexander thought to himself. Quickly but quietly, he jumped from one tree to another until he gets on the branch of the tree in the dark side of the area. He readied his arrow when the anggitay's back is facing him.

"Triangle Shot!!"

Three arrows then fled towards the anggitay but because of the far distance, she sensed and managed to dodge all of them. A smile was seen on her face, one of her plans succeeded. When the anggitay dodged the arrows, they went straight towards Lawrence.

Alexander was dumbfounded, he didn't expect it. He was petrified in fear, fear that he didn't know the cause. He dropped his bow, his heart beats faster and his knees weakened, he lost his balance and fell from the branch where he stood.