Chapter 1. The beginning

"You can't do that, Sean! Be more responsible! I and your father only want what is best for you! Sean! SEAN!"

The sound of shouting and feet stomping reverberates through the house, reaching the ears of a lone guest, sitting properly in one of the living room chairs.

What did that idiot do now?  Though the boy in the seat.

Sean Green comes running into the room, skidding to a stop in front of his best friend. His ripped jeans, tennis shoes, purple t-shirt and the rolled cigarette behind his right ear are immediately met with disapproval.

"I'm ready Owen, let's roll!"

Mr. Blackbourne looked at his friend from head to shoe, shoving his glasses up his nose.

"Really, Sean? Are you planning on going to an academy meeting with the elders looking like that?"

Folding his arms, Sean mock scowled at his stuffy friend.

"Who cares? They are comfortable, much more so than your incredibly stuffy collection of suits."

Sighing in exasperation, Owen Blackbourne stood up, smoothing his suit jacket back to perfection.

"You do know that they only want the best for you, no Sean?" he questioned quietly.

Walking to the door without looking back, Sean answered.

"Of course I know. But I am still unsure about what is best for myself. I am only 13 years old, for god's sake! And that is a decision I must do alone. It's MY future, after all."

Looking at the back of his only and best friend, Owen finally agreed and followed him out to their waiting ride.

"As you wish, Sean."

-

AN: I know it was very short, and probably no good at all. I hope you will cut me some slack since this is my first fanfic.

And let's not mention the fact that English isn't my language and I am still learning.

Well... that being said I'd really like it if you warn of whatever grammatical mistake that I might have made on this ff.

Thank you for reading this chapter!! ;D