Chapter 39. Laying down the law

Once Sean and I were done with our job at the college that afternoon we headed together to Sang's home.

Seeing the procession of cars pulling behind my own I notice that the other boys, with the exception of North, were all just behind us.

Hiding, boys?

Sadly, I could understand their trepidation...

After running out of my own office once I saw that Sang was losing her temper I had run smack-dab into Sean, who had been hiding in the corridor waiting for her to calm down before he came in.

We had looked at each other and silently agreed that the library was a good place to be at that moment. Especially since it was located on the other side of the campus.

Cowardly, perhaps, but they were just boys, all of them, and an angry Sang was more than any of them knew how to handle.

Parking my car I stepped out and walked to the front door, Sean and the others all following behind me.

I opened the door to the house and entered, walking through the front hall and into the living room, where North was sitting in the couch, watching television.

I paused in the doorway. "How are things?" I asked him, keeping my expression blank.

He didn't raise his eyes from the Tv to answer me. "Last I checked she was killing... I mean, she was baking some bread to make chicken sandwiches."

I gulped quietly; the image of Sang punching the dough instead of kneading it filled my mind.

Deciding it was better to get the whole ordeal out of the way I straightened my spine, turned around and walked into the kitchen, the boys still silently following me.

As I walk through the door I see Sang standing at the counter with her hands in a basin full of chicken parts.

"Hello Darling." I greet her.

"Owen." Her voice is calm and serene but something about it makes the hair at the back of my neck stand on end.

"What are you doing?" I ask her, stalling a little bit, trying to determine how mad she still is for hiding the fact she was being stalked from her.

She took a chicken breast in her hands with the wing still attached. "Just a dismemberment." She said before snapping the joint.

And with that I decided she was still furious at us.

I felt the air move behind me, proving that my brothers had left. Taking a step back, I slowly backed out of the kitchen, never turning my back to her.

I wouldn't be surprised if she threw that chicken at my head right now.

Entering the living room I my team, all eight of them, looking at me expectantly.

I snorted. "If you are thinking I am going to face her alone, you better think again."

They deflated.

It was amazing how our little darling managed to put a team of the best Academy members in the defensive.

I was so proud of her. Even while I hide myself in the living room with the rest of my brothers, waiting for her to calm down, I was still proud of her.

Victor, who had been sitting at the couch, suddenly stands up with a determined look on his face and heads over to the kitchen.

We all watch in silent mourning as our brother walks alone in there, disappearing through the doorway.