Chapter 9. And so it begins... or not?

The sound of a single merry laugher reverberated through the corridors outside of the infirmary. Inside were three kids, one little girl sitting properly in a chair in front of a desk, spine straight, face red from embarrassment, one hand ballet in a fist on her knee the other raised with a finger poking her lips. Behind the desk sat a grey eyed boy in formal clothing, every hair in place, with a very stern expression, frowning at the blonde boy who was currently rolling in laughter at the floor, much to the embarrassment and exasperation of his companions.

"Are you done yet Sean? You are embarrassing Miss Sang." Groused the first boy.

"But..." *Gasp* "Owen! She..." *Giggles* "...she did it again!" and more laughter.

"So I notice Sean, now do stand up and sit back down on your chair so we can properly discuss what is to happen now." Ordered an apparently irritable Owen.

He was indeed irritated with Sean for his laughing and causing Miss Sorenson embarrassment, but he wasn't mad with her for taking matters in her own hands, again. Actually he was rather proud of her, the girl didn't cease to surprise him. I will need to step up my game, this girl works faster than a cheetah on steroids, at this rate me and Sean will never catch up.

Looking back at Sang once his best friend was done laughing and back at his chair, Owen told her. "I hope you know that we both are very proud of your accomplishments, Miss Sang. The only reason Sean was laughing is because he found his own slowness in all this case embarrassingly funny."

Raising her eyes from where their study of the floor, she looked first at Sean, who smiled reassuringly at her, and then at Owen. Seeing the sincerity and pride in his eyes while he looked at her, she sucked in a deep breath and offered both boys a stunning smile.

She'd been sincerely afraid that they would think she had overstepped with bringing the academy to the attention of the boys, after all she wasn't really a member yet and though Owen had promised to help them she wasn't sure that he planned to make them into members too.

She knew that if the Academy was indeed what she thought then it was the perfect place for her little group of musketeers, but still it wasn't her place to meddle the way she had.

Flushing in shame again she lowered her eyes and told them "Even so, I would like to apologize for taking on a job that wasn't mine in the first place. I'm sorry, guys."

"Now, now, don't look so ashamed Pookie. You did the right thing. You saw a good opportunity and took it and that is what we often do in the academy. Owen might like to always have every little thing planned beforehand, but sometimes a little improvising is necessary. Beside... what is the point in being clever if you can't prove it?" He asked her with a teasing smile drawing a giggle from her.

Smiling a little millimeter at the sound of Sang's infectious giggles Owen sat up even straighter in his chair and cleared his throat to call their attention. "Very well, gentleman and lady, now that we have this matter out of the way let's discuss what is to be done from here on. Sean and I have used our academy contacts to acquire information on the families of the boys and I believe to have found a solution to all of their problems." He began saying quite seriously.

Sang eyes lit up and she fixed all her attention on him, while Sean smiled on. He might make fun of Owen's tendencies for excessive planning, but even he had to admit that the ideas that came out of that brain were always impressive.

"First, for Mr. Morgan, he will be the easiest one from all. His parents are very preoccupied with appearances and have enough skeletons in their closets that we should be able to put a stop to the abuse with a little use of blackmail." He said, leaving Sang a little stunned. She understood the use of blackmail for the better good, but she didn't really like it. However, thinking back to poor Victor's tired face the other day she decided that she could live with this choice without regrets. She didn't like seeing such a sweet and kind guy being so completely drained from his strength by his own parents.