Chapter 27. Missions and Retribution

After breakfast we all dispersed rapidly. Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Green went straight to the college so they could prepare for their classes. Kota and the others started to prepare to head out to college along with Sang Baby. They would watch only a few of the classes today as we all had missions on different times.

Our schedule was pretty flexible. It had to be as missions had a tendency of popping out of nowhere.

Luke and I had to go on a mission for the Academy; it was a simple stake out. I would wait in the car and follow our suspect; Luke would approach the suspect's house and observe the inside, without going in.

At least, not this time.

He had to admit, his brother's skill were impressive, even if they sometimes threatened to give him a heart attack. Of course he had no intention of telling that to his idiotic brother, he might think I was giving him permission to do more of his dangerous' acrobatics.

Later that afternoon Gabriel and Victor would go to install the cameras at Silas' house. It was necessary to help them keep an eye on Theo. Sang would be with them; she planned to go to their studio after that so she could get to know their workplace.

Those guys were very proud of their music studio, Victor and Gabriel had worked very hard at opening it, and now many bands were being promoted there. The academy didn't like that those two were on the cover of magazines so much, but they understood that Gabriel and Victor were doing something that they both loved had given their approval, as long as they were all happy... and didn't get caught while on their missions.

Sang baby couldn't work with them, at least not directly. It would ruin her Ghost Bird status, but she didn't mind. She liked the thought of being free to go there sometimes and just play around a bit. According to Victor he expected Sang's excellent and diverse taste in music to be an asset to them.

Parking their car a couple of streets down from their target's house, where they could still watch any movement, North sat back while his brother left the car to stroll over to the house and take a look at things.

The road was completely desert, no other cars parked or people walking around, a fact that made him very nervous. They had no real cover and he felt exposed.

He kept his eyes on Luke as he saw his brother going into the house's front yard. Soon Luke disappeared from view, having gone to the back of the house.

North's hands clenched in the steering wheel and he told himself again that his brother was a trained academy member and would be just fine.

Suddenly he caught sight of his brother again as Luke stumbled out of the front yard only to fall to the ground in the sidewalk in front of the house.

North was out of the car in a flash, running to help his brother and kill however had dared to harm his family.

Approaching his brother' prone body he kept looking around for the enemy while removing his cellphone from his pocket to red line Blackbourne.

"Damn it, Luke! What the hell happened to you?" he was grumbling under his breath, trying to keep quiet and act rationally when all he wanted to do was rage and go after the bastard who had hurt his stupid brother.

He was about to kneel to check on Luke when the little bastard jumped up and screamed "Surprise!" on his face.

North didn't think. He reacted by punching his brother on the face.

......

The whole way back to their house, after their mission was completed, Luke had a bleeding nose from the punch North gave him, and almost bleeding ears from the scolding he was still receiving. His little brother was furious with him, but Luke didn't mind. North was mad because he cared and it was all Luke cared about as he smiled like a fool through his brother' raging.