Chapter 34. Family

North POV:

I sat in that damned waiting room for god only knows how many hours thinking about how I would love the beat the shit out of Theo right now.

I preferred thinking about beating him than thinking about Victor and Gabriel who were hurt.

Or Silas who was feeling guilty.

When he stood from his chair I didn't make any move to stop him, mostly because like the rest of my brothers, I knew that it wasn't me who he needed now.

He needed Sang baby. And she knew it too because she soon followed after him.

Luke moved away from Kota and Nathan then, approaching Blackbourne slowly, the way one would approach a dangerous animal.

I snorted.

That brother of mine was fool.

He shouldn't try to approach the man right now, not even as carefully as he was doing.

"Hey, Mr. B. Did you get any news on Victor and Gabriel's condition?" The fool asked of the dangerous animal they had for a leader. Blackbourne might look like a gentleman, but I knew better...

Blackbourne focused those steel like, expressionless grey eyes on Luke and I tensed, ready to divert the attention from my brother if needed.

But the man just sighed and rubbed his face, looking suddenly tired and worn down.

I was surprised. I mean, I knew he cared about us, he'd said so before. But a part of me always wondered how much he really cared because he was always so cold and lifeless.

Except for when Sang was involved. It was like watching a mannequin turn alive then. His eyes shone bright with life and his smile became more sincere.

"They will be fine." I found myself saying, trying to reassure both of my brothers.

They all looked at me. I had stayed silent and brooding up to that moment, but now I could not stop the words leaving my mouth.

"The doctors will do all that they can, and we will take care of them afterwards." I paused, feeling awkward trying to give these guys who I now called family some comfort. "We will do it together." I added, rather lamely I thought.

Then Luke smiled at me, "Yeah, you are right. Besides, Cupcake did a good job rescuing those two, they will be okay soon enough." The fool started to bounce on his feet and look around, no doubt searching for something foolish to do to pass the time.

Nathan was staring at him warily and Kota signaled for him to keep one eye in my brother, to which he reluctantly agreed.

Keeping watch over Luke was never easy. It had been actually his time to do it when Luke had managed to slip by him and prank Blackbourne, of all people. That boy was going to be the death of me with his pranks.

......

Once Silas was done kissing me senseless he took the both of us back inside. His body heat had kept most of the cold away, but I still shivered from the icy wind that blew up in the rooftop.

He didn't let me get down from his hug as he walked through the door and entered an elevator to take us back to the waiting room without risking the stairs.

All the way back there I spend holding on tight to him and I could hear the people in the corridors whispering as we walked by. I hid my face in his neck, not wanting to see them.

Once we entered the waiting room the boys' attention turned back to us and I blushed as they stared.

No doubt I looked like a koala hanging from a three.