Chapter 30. The Academy - Aware

"I am going to kill that boy." Said a very grouchy Mr. Blackbourne who was still wearing a pink suit.

"Now, don't be like that Owie!" Exclaimed Sean from where he was sitting behind his desk. "You look quite dashing in that shade of pink, you know?" Sean smirked at his friend, enjoying far too much his discomfort.

Owen was about to answer him with an uncharacteristically impolite response when the sound of giggles coming from the tiny girl perched on his desk stopped him.

Sang's happiness and enjoyment of the whole episode was probably the only thing saving Luke from getting hours for his prank.

Glancing at Sang with an indulgent smile Owen said, "You know that I love having you around, Darling, but I need to ask, shouldn't the two of you be in class right now?"

Sang smiled at him mischievously while Sean answered, "We are skipping!"

Owen turned to glare at Sean. "You are not supposed to be skipping class, Dr. Green. You are the teacher after all."

Sean pouted. "But I wanted to spend time with Pookie!"

Owen frowned at his friend severely. "Go to class now, Sean."

"Humph!" Sean smirked "You just want to get rid of me so you can get frisky with your "Miss Sorenson"."

Sang blushed ten shades of red at that and Owen threw a glare at his friend with the promise of vengeance.

Sean's answering look said "bring it on" before he broke their staring contest and skipped out of the office shouting "Remember to use a safe word!" over his shoulder.

This time Owen was the one to blush, Sang looking confused about what a "safe word" might mean.

Owen sighed in exasperation and fixed his tie before turning back to Sang and asking, "Did you want to speak with me, Miss Sang?"

She got up from the desk and sat in the chair that was in front of it, her spine straight her fingers laced in her lap.

"Yes. I worry about Silas, Owen..." She paused, her voice fading at the end, showing her uncertainty.

Owen suspected he knew what she wanted to say, but he wished for her to tell him herself. He wanted her to learn to depend on him a little. He knew she was a capable and independent woman, but she had a family that would love and support her now.

"Yes...?" He prodded.

She sighed and said, "As much as I try to think of a solution to this problem with Theo I can't see a way to stop him before he makes some real damage, I know we already have a plan Owen, but I worry about how Silas is going to handle it." She paused again. "You know he already feels guilty about not having dealt with his brother in the past."

Her eyes were now shadowed and full of worry. This girl was always thinking about his family and their well-being.

I sighed. "Sadly, darling, there is not a lot that we can do right now except for keeping one eye on Theo and hope we can catch him before he hurts anyone. As for Silas, stand by his side, just having you around will already help him greatly." He said quietly, knowing what a difference Sang simple presence has had on his family.

She sighed. I hated not being able to give her the answers she wished for, but the both of us, me as a team leader and her as someone who had fought alone for a long time, understood that some things couldn't be changed.

We would work together to find solutions for our problems, but sometimes we would have to be patient and wait for the solution to show itself.

"I will make the arrangements on your schedule so you can spend more time with him, if you wish."