Chapter 14. Group hug!

"And who exactly are you calling a "bimbo" Mr. Taylor junior?" I asked the obviously drunk teenager in front of me. I felt like tearing him limb from limb.

I wished to have a happy reunion with San... Miss Sorenson, but now, thanks to him, I would have to... "Owen!"

I was interrupted by Sang turning her attention in my direction and flashing that incredible smile she always had. My anger instantly vanished, being replaced by wonder of the girl in front of me.

Same happy smile, same stunning, shadowed eyes, same beautiful chameleon hair. The body however was very different. Petite but with a perfect hourglass shape she was simply a stunning young woman. I wanted hug her like she once hugged me, dispel those detestable shadows she still carried, even while smiling at me.

Trying to control my unruly feelings I greeted her "Miss Sorenson."

Her smile fell and I instantly regretted my use of formality. It was safer to do so, but who cared about safety? Right now I didn't.

"I've missed you, darling." I told her, softening my voice, letting a bit of emotion to show in my eyes. As a kid she'd always been able to read me, even with my poker face on, but years had gone past and I could understand her uncertainty and need for reassurance. I felt the same.

Smiling back at me, this time with a good part of those shadows disappearing from her eyes, she walked in my direction and said. "I've missed you too, Owen. More than you will ever know."

Those words made my heart beat faster. A part of me didn't care that it had been a long time since we were friends or that I didn't know this girl anymore, all that more emotional side of me cared about was that she was back home, safe, and still sane after having gone through hell, and that she was beautiful.

Focusing back at their current situation he said "Let's go back inside so we can get more comfortable. There is a lot that needs to be discussed."

Nodding her head she moved past me and Luke leading the way into the living room with the two of us following right behind.

Luke looked back at his brother, who was now fussing with his precious jeep while grumbling under his breath.

"So, how have things been Owen?" Sang asked, sounding a little nervous.

"Very well, as you no doubt guessed the boys have all successfully joined the academy and become a part of mine and Sean's team." I told her, hoping that the knowledge that she'd succeeded in her wishes to help them had borne fruits.

Her eyes lit up at this. "I am so glad! Dr. Roberts did tell me that you were all okay, but hearing this from you is so much better, Owen."

"I am glad you are happy, darling." I answered and became silent.

Neither of us talked, we just stood there in the middle of the living room staring at each other awkwardly, the weight of all words not spoken, all the time lost, all the pain and uncertainty nearly crushing us with the tension. I was about to open my mouth and suggest that we all sit down so we could discuss a few very important business, using the mask of stoic, emotionless leader that I had created over the years, when a certain irritant doctor came into the room.

"Pookie!" He exclaimed before running to her and enveloping her in his arms, hugging her like there was no tomorrow.

I wish I had done that...

"Sean!" She squealed, putting her arms around him and hugging him back. "I have missed you so much!"

"Of course you did! I'm the best! Better than that stuffy person who is glaring at the back of my head right now." He said cheekily.