Chapter 32.

Walking through the corridors of the college Mr. Blackbourne reached a door and knocked gently before opening it.

Inside was an office with two desks, each one with a computer. One desk was an example in organization, with all the things on it being arranged on their proper places.

The other desk was a disarray of papers, pens, books and other things that probably shouldn't be on the desk. Such as the purple and black, running shoe Sean had claimed he'd lost the day before.

In one side of the office was a wall of windows with texturized glass that impeded the view from the outside. On the other side were shelves full of books and file cabinets.

On top of one of the cabinets was a small radio playing a violin concert.

Sitting in a high backed chair behind the organized desk was a young woman. Her back was turned to him, but he knew that her eyes, whose hadn't left the computer monitor for even an instant, were a deep green color, her skin pale like his. Her hair was a beautiful mix of shades of blond with a little red mixed in, twisted in a knot in the back of her head.

Her face was angled toward the monitor with a regal tilt. Her small, delicate fingers flew over the keyboard. Her lips were pursed in concentration as she worked.

She was perfection.

"You do not need to knock to enter your own office, Mr. Blackbourne." She mumbled, her melodious voice sounding low and distracted.

He paused by his desk, where she was sitting at "How did you know it was me coming inside, Miss Sang?"

Finishing her work she raised her eyes to mine and smiled with amusement and a hint of embarrassment, her cheeks reddening slightly.

"I could smell that it was you, Owen." She said.

I lifted my eyebrows, impressed. This girl never ceased to amaze me.

"How is your research going, darling?" I asked her as I reclined against the desk, leaning closer to the monitor.

She fixed her eyes back on the display and showed me what she'd found. Apparently the suspect that North and Luke had been investigating a few days ago had been warned that he was being watched, which was why the boys had found his house empty.

"Huuummm." Stepping away from the desk I sent a text to Sean about her findings.

His answer came fast and unhelpful.

Sean: "Our Pookie is just plain amazing, Owen!"

Of course she was, he didn't need Sean to tell him that.

Me: "Focus Sean! We need to find Mr. Hendricks before he runs from the country with all the money he stole from that school!"

Sean: "Don't fret, O-man! I am sure that with ours and Toma's team working against him all will end well."

I sighed in exasperation. Sean got on my last nerve sometimes.

"Talking with Dr. Sean?" Sang asked, her amusement ringing in her voice. She knew that only Sean had the capacity to annoy me as much as he had.

"He don't take things seriously enough some days." I told her.

She looked thoughtful for a moment before answering. "I am not sure I agree with you, Owen. Sean, as well as Luke, always takes all matters very seriously. They just choose to hide it behind their jokes and flirting." Looking me straight in the eye she added. "You know it is their biggest asset. Everyone underestimate them because of their personality, but those two are capable of doing a lot of surprising things."