Chapter 40. When truths come to light

Me and the boys arrived at the dinner and went to the back to put on our uniforms.

I wasn't going to stay in kitchen this time, Uncle had called us over to serve as waiters since they had been short staffed.

Miranda, who I knew was a member of the Academy, was at the register. She didn't seem to like me very much, thought I didn't understand why.

We had never spoken to each other, really, and she wasn't rude, she just mostly ignored me, and after a while I did the same.

I was approaching a table with two older ladies when a sharp whistle nearby caught my attention and I turned to stare at a round table with five boys sitting around it.

The boy who had whistled was a scary one, really tall with dark hair and tattoos all over his body, I knew I didn't want to meet him alone at night.

He smirked at me, as if reading my thought and finding them highly amusing.

I scowled at him, trying to hide my fright.

His smirk widened.

I turned to the other guys. The one next to him, shaking his head exasperatedly, had bicolored eyes, one blue and one green and soft brown hair.

After him were the twins that I had caught sight off at the college a few times, one with sad, cerulean blue eyes and the other with happy blue eyes.

Corey was the name of the happy one, she remembered. He was in her computer class with Victor. The boy waved at me, a bright smile on his face while his brooding brother merely nodded in my direction in greeting.

After them was a man who exuded power and command.

His straight, black hair was chin length and his serious, dark almond eyes were trained on me, seeming to stare into my soul.

I felt like I was being studied under a microscope and my finger automatically raised to my lip in nervousness.

"Now, don't you be worrying about those boys, sweetie." Said an elderly voice from behind me.

I spun around to stare at the two little grandmas who I had been heading to when I got distracted.

I gave them a nervous smile, pulling my pen and noting-pad from my apron's pocked.

"What can I get for you, ma'am?" I asked politely.

The first grandma had pink colored hair, cut short to her scalp, her black rimmed glasses the same model as Kota's framed chocolate brown eyes.

The second grandma had lilac colored hair that matched her clear blue eyes, and I knew that if Gabriel met the two of them he would go crazy with the strange colors.

"A bacon and cheddar sandwich with a lemon juice for me, my dear." Said Pink Grandma.

"A plate of chocolate chip pancake's with a cappuccino smoothie for me, sweetie." Said Lilac Grandma.

"I will bring it up shortly." I said, stepping back to go to the kitchen.

Passing the drink order to Luke I leaned over to him and asked, "Hey, Luke, who are those guys at table four?"

He glanced over at the table I mentioned and frowned at it, an indecipherable look in his eyes.

It was rare seeing Luke frown and it made me worry. "Are they trouble? Should I get North?"

His eyes came back to me slowly, as if taking a while to process my words before he answered. "No need, Cupcake. Those guys are academy."

His words were soothing but his tone was still serious and so unlike Luke that I felt my spine straightening in alertness.