Chapter 43. Boot camp

Today is the big day...

Me and the boys are preparing our bags to head out to the boot camp so me and the girls can be introduced to the Academy, along with North, Silas and all the new recruits.

I was going in the jeep along with North, Silas, Luke and Gabriel.

Owen was taking Sean in his car and Victor was driving the rest of the boys.

The girls would meet us there since I had managed to introduce them to Phil and some other Academy members this past week after we had reunited.

They had been taken under Roxanne's and Charlene's wings, thankfully, the older ladies taking a liking to the girls immediately and the girls seeming to appreciate the presence of the eccentric duo.

It wasn't that I was not glad to see them, because I was, but their presence brought many unpleasant memories too.

I could see how the boys were worrying because of it and now they all seemed on edge. They were also being super sweet, which was a bonus.

"Sweetie," Kota's voice sounded soft and caring in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and kissed my cheek. "Are you ready?"

I was standing in the middle of mine and Nathans room, staring at my open suitcase. Gabriel had already filled it with all I would need but I was also adding some books for me to read at nighttime. There was nothing better than reading a good story before sleeping.

Well... except for cuddling with one of my boys.

Sigh... my boys. I really loved them.

"Almost, love." I told him as he nuzzled my neck and I felt a shiver run up my spine.

"Don't take too long, we are going to be late." he murmured against my skin without letting me go, his warm breath on my neck giving me goosebumps.

I smiled. "You know... you are not convincing me to move any faster. Actually, I feel like staying right where I am."

He raised his head from my neck and I turned my face to look at him.

The brat had a smug smile on his face. I laughed and turned around, resting my hands on his chest. "Stop being silly before you make the both of us late. Owen will give us hours."

He lowered his head until his nose touched mine in an eskimo's kiss. "Hummm... would be completely worth it." He said with a smile before kissing me briefly and letting go.

His kiss had been sweet and brief but I still felt a little dazed afterwards and the smile on his face along with the knowing look in his green eyes told me he was well aware of it.

I sent him a mock glare and turned back to my bag, choosing the books I wanted to take with me and putting them inside before closing it.

Kota stepped to my side and shooed me so he could take the suitcase and carry it to the car. I didn't bother with arguing with him, he was too much of a gentleman to allow me to carry my own bag, and I didn't really mind. It didn't make me less capable, just more loved.

Walking into the living room I saw that all my boys were there waiting. I smiled at them and made the rounds, hugging and kissing the cheeks of those who wouldn't be traveling with me.

Most of my boys were okay with my joining the academy, I knew, but one of them was still nervous about the whole process.

I glance at Luke to see he frowning much like his brother did.