Chapter 38. Stalker

I watched as she sat down in the courtyard to eat her lunch.

She laughed at something those boys said and I took another picture. I was glad to see her smile, she deserved that happiness after all she'd gone through.

The boys started roughhousing with one another and I saw her shake her head at them before standing up from the bench and walking away.

I tucked my camera inside my book bag and followed after her. No matter where she went I would always be with her, she was my angel...

......

The boys were acting rather strangely today, there seemed to be something in all of their minds, but whenever I asked them what was wrong they just shook their heads at me and said nothing.

It was starting to piss me off.

I walked off after they started their roughhousing, knowing they'd be too distracted with one another to see me leave.

Marching determinately down the corridor I knocked once on Owen's door before letting myself inside.

He looked up from his computer at me, his gray eyes startled at my sudden entrance.

"Miss Sang" He greeted.

"Mr. Blackbourne." I answered sharply, to which he blinked in surprise.

Frowning slightly he took me in, his eyes observing me from head to toe and back again.

I had my hands resting on my hips, shoulders throw back and chin raised, my glare fixed in his face.

He took a deep breath and fixed his already perfect tie before asking, "Is something wrong?"

I narrowed my eyes at him "You tell me, Owen."

He stared at me some more before giving in with a sigh. "Please, sit down, Darling. We have a lot to discuss." He indicated the chair in front of his desk.

I strode to it and sat down quietly, glad that I would be finally apprised of what was going on.

Laying his hands on the top of the desk he said, "I made a request of Victor to check on your blood family, Sang."

He paused, waiting for my reaction.

I didn't know what to think, sincerely. I had kind of forgotten about them. There was just too much going on in my life right now for me to think about the past and it had been years since I last saw my old family.

I raised an eyebrow at him in question.

Clearing his throat he continued, "We were interested in seeing what they have been doing these past few years, and also make them pay for what they did to you."

Both my eyebrows rose then, "Revenge, Owen? I will admit I didn't expect it from you." I thought for a moment. "But I am not surprised that you guys did think of it, nor am I against it."

I was surprised at my own feelings, I didn't think of myself as the sort to seek revenge over something that had happened so long ago. But I was surprisingly glad that they were going to pay for what they had done.

It wasn't vengeance, it was justice.

Owen nodded, seeming relieved at my response, before continuing. "There was a surprising turn of events, however, Darling. When Victor racked into their system to investigate them he found that someone else had gotten to them first than us."

His steel gray eyes were hard and I started to worry. Who was this person? What had they done?

"What did they do, Owen?" I asked him.