Chapter 33. Fire

The rest of the day they spent in Kota's house.

It was a rare day off for all of the boys and they decided to spend it together.

We were enjoying ourselves playing a little video game when Owen's cellphone went off.

Pulling it from his back pocket he checked the screen and his ever blank face became stony, his grey eyes turbulent.

I moved to where he was sitting at one of the living room's chairs and sat by his side, perching myself in the chair's arm.

Looking over his shoulder I saw a warning showing in the display, alerting that someone had left the Korba' household.

I could well guess who that someone was.

"Gentlemen." He called for everyone attention. Most of the boys having already been watching me and him from the moment his phone rang.

"It appears we have a situation. Divide yourselves in three groups and go check the situation at the Korba's." he ordered, his voice sharp with command.

We did as we were told. North and Silas left on the bike to reach the apartments first than everyone else, Nathan went with Kota on his car, and me, Victor and Gabriel took Victor's BMW.

Luke stayed behind. For some reason he'd be going with Sean and Owen. The poor guy looked torn between being crest fallen and panicked when we left him.

As we parked in front of the apartment building Victor pulled out a Nintendo 3DS from his bag and started messing with it. Suddenly he frowned, his fire eyes snapping as he surveyed his game system.

"What? What is it?" Gabriel finally asked.

Victor lifted his head and looked at us.

"I had Luke wire Theo a few days ago so we could always know where he went, but my tracking program can't find him." The annoyance and worry on his tone were obvious. None of us liked the thought of Theo free to do as he wished unsupervised.

Gabriel got out of the car and opened my door for me. I stepped out into the night, a lightly cold wind ruffling my hair, making me shiver slightly.

The night air was humid and heavy, proof that summer was arriving and the next day would be a hot one. I looked around, searching for a hundred different things, cataloging what I found.

There was no visible sign of Theo, nor the rest of her boys.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"North and Silas are circling the neighborhood in the bike." Said Victor.

"Kota and Nathan are searching the apartment to see if they find anything to tip us off as to his location." Added Gabriel while messing with his phone, probably watching the cameras.

Owen, Sean and Luke would stay at home, looking through the city cameras, prepared to come in and help if necessary.

I looked around once more. There wasn't much we could do since there was no way to track him with technology, but I knew other ways to find a person.

I headed to the building doorway, the boys falling in step behind me, their eyes curious but without interfering with my movements.

I reached the entrance and searched the ground for any sign that might lead us to Theo.

Nothing caught my attention here.

I started circling the building. When I got to where Silas apartment windows were localized I found a couple of butt of cigars left on the ground.