Chapter 23. What one does for family

The rest of the classes went by quickly. Victor and I really enjoyed our shared class; no mention of the plan was made. I felt a little awkward talking with the boys when I knew that they had discussed dating me behind my back, but I knew the importance of communication among family.

During lunch the guys kept ribbing North good naturally about the shirt. He just scowled at them and pulled me into his lap. I blushed tomato red but leaned against his chest and smiled up at him. My grumpy bear smiled back at me and the boys looked on with indulgent smiles.

The self-defense class with Nathan and Silas was slightly embarrassing. I didn't really know how to hit someone and the boys touches while they adjusted my stance were very distracting. For a moment I wondered if they were being so exacting just so they could tease me. I blushed through the whole class and they were both smirking by the end of it. Ugh! Boys!

Advanced Chemistry with Kota and Gabriel was very cool. After our teacher finished giving her class we stayed on the laboratory and Gabriel showed me how he made perfumes. I and he worked together in making an ocean scented one for Silas. I guessed our Greek boy missed his home even if he didn't speak of it.

Gabriel was happy with helping me; I could see that he also cared for the gentle giant with all the effort that he put into making the perfect fragrance.

Once we were done me, Gabriel, Nathan and Silas piled into Victor's car and he drove us to the mall, much to my chagrin. I had protested that there was no need to buy me new clothes and that I would buy them with my own money later on, but my protests fell on deaf ears.

Victor actually looked more and more determined every time I tried to tell him not to spend his money on me. Gabriel was just gleeful. He spent the whole trip there chattering no stop about styles, and colors, and patterns... Oh god...

"You are such a little Diva, Gabe." Nathan said once with a grin.

Gabriel paused on his chattering long enough to shoot Nathan the bird before going back to talk non-stop.

The boys laughed. At some point Victor started to mess with the radio until he found a classical music station.

Silas and Nathan groaned, Silas was sitting on the front, beside Victor, and Nathan was at the back with me and Gabriel. "You can't do that, Victor. You are going to put Aggele to sleep."

Victor shot him a glare and I blushed. "Huh... actually, Silas, I like classical music. I even play the violin."

Victor shot me a smile through the rearview mirror, "That is right! I remember we had a class together when we were kids!"

Gabriel turned to me. "So, you can play the violin Trouble. Maybe you should come by mine and Victor's studio someday. It mostly belongs to Victor, but I go there to play around sometimes too." He suddenly smiled. "We could even compose some music, me with the guitar and Victor with the piano."

Beaming at him I said. "If it isn't any problem I would love that!"

Silas turned around on his seat to stare at me, smiling he said. "Usually I don't care for classical music, but if Aggele is playing I want to be there."

"Me too." Nathan agreed, his hand holding mine in a warm grip.

I smiled shyly at them.

When we arrived at the mall Gabriel grabbed me by the hand and dragged me through the stores, walking through racks and displays with dizzying speed. He was a man on a mission. I hadn't noticed how much he despised my old clothing until that moment.

Going into the fitting rooms I tried on set after set of clothes until Gabriel was pleased with my new wardrobe. Apparently I needed to dress in a way that said I am cute, smart and will kick your ass if you mess with me. Gabriel wouldn't have it any other way, he was relentless and by the time we were finished I was so tired that I was almost asking Gabriel to just undress and dress me back again because I was too lazy to do it myself.