Chapter 31. Academy - Present

As she walked through the front door to Bob's dinner, Sang saw that the place was really bustling today, the tables full of people eating and enjoying good food, chattering among themselves.

The scent of perfumes, colonies and the smells of food were thick in the air, making Sang's nose to twitch from time to time.

Luke and Nathan were serving the tables, and when the mischievous boy saw her he sent a conspiratorial wink her way along with a swoon-worthy smile.

It had been a few weeks since she'd been working there and she'd gotten used to the packed, noisy and heavily scented place.

Crossing through the restaurant to the kitchen doors she smiled at the servers who caught her eye on the way.

Entering a side door, localized right before the one leading to the kitchen, with the label "locker room's", she quickly put on her white uniform and pastry chef hat, and locked her bag in one of the lockers.

As she entered the kitchen she was met with organized chaos. Uncle was at his usual place, in the middle of the storm, shouting orders like a drill sergeant.

North was at the salad counter, cutting vegetables at a mad speed while Gabriel flipped the meat on the industrial-sized grill.

She walked over to the last empty counter in the kitchen, her' counter, the one she used to bake pies, cakes, cookies, little, delicate pastries and much more.

Sang really loved this job, creating tiny morsels of food that looked cute and tasted wonderfully, making people smile and hum in delight when eating them.

She got to work, mixing the ingredients to the filling of the pies they would serve today. She was so distracted doing her job that she didn't notice someone had approached her until a shadow fell over her counter, disrupting her concentration.

Looking up from her pie she met ice-blue eyes framed by dark lashes staring at her in fascination. The boy standing before her had tanned skin that made his eyes stand out and dark hair that hung in loose curls framing his square jaw.

He was really handsome, maybe the same height as Luke, but differently from Luke's this guy eyes were ice-cold.

She didn't like the way he was staring at her and her hand trembled, dropping the fouet on the counter-top with a clanking noise.

The sounds in the kitchen suddenly stopped, the place becoming eerily silent as all eyes turned to her. She just knew this wasn't going to go over well with the boys.

......

Trouble had arrived right on time to start her shift as pastry chef to the dinner and he had observed her progress through the chaos that was the kitchen until she reached her tiny counter and started doing her magic.

The popping sounds and smell of lightly burned meat warned me to pay attention to my own work instead of watching the tiny bundle of trouble wiping up a storm in her side of the kitchen.

Sang always had a peaceful smile on her face while she cooked, and the way she moved in the kitchen was pure magic, as were her creations.

Gabriel loved watching her cook, it was poetry in motion, living and breathing art. He was happy in staying on his side of the kitchen working while she was there with him, even if there were several counters and industrial-sized stoves between them.

That is, until Logan appeared.

Logan wasn't a bad guy, he was academy. And that was what scared Gabriel.