Chapter 11

One Day in LA...
Today the guys decided to go shopping. They thought it would be a good idea to spend a day with Riley. It isn't healthy for her to be stuck inside all day. Wait... Oh well. JJ, Simon, Josh, and Riley were in one store together when Simon and Josh went to use the bathroom. JJ was left to watch Riley which was a risk. The two in the bathroom were using this as a test for JJ.

Being out in public with Riley was scary for Josh. Losing her in a crowd of people wasn't the scariest thought; Having a fan find them all together was. Josh couldn't think of a good enough excuse to why that same girl was still with them. Many of the fans still don't believe that was a friend's kid. All the Sidemen ignore those comments.

"Josh. I know what you're thinking about. Stop stressing yourself out. This is a holiday." Simon walked up to the next sink over.

"How'd you know?" Josh raised an eyebrow impressed by his friend's skill of detecting emotions.

"You haven't said a word since you started washing your hands two minutes ago." Simon chuckled. Josh's sense finally came through and the water suddenly seemed to burn his hands. He pulled them out quickly and dried them along, Simon.

"I'll be out in a sec." Josh wanted to put his worries to rest. Simon exited to rejoin with JJ and Riley. As he got closer to his best friend, he realised Riley wasn't to be seen.

"Where's Riley?" he asked feeling a bit nervous.

"Uh, she was just here." JJ answered looking around.

"Please tell me you didn't lose her!" Simon panicked. Then Josh came up. "Josh..." Simon began.

"What?" he responded.

"JJ lost Riley." Simon said quickly.

"You what?!" Josh shouted. "This is last time I trust you with her. Come on." Josh ran out of the store with JJ and Simon trailing behind. Simon called her name but there was no response.

"Stop! You can't just yell out her name. What if someone sees us?!" Josh hushed him.

"Well how else are you supposed to find her?!" Simon spat back. He felt bad for yelling back at Josh. Especially right after they had a nice, friendly talk. About not worrying about Riley. Typical.

"You use your eyes, and look!" Josh hissed. He huffed marching away in fury. Simon just brushed off Josh's rude behavior. He excused it.

"Guys I'm really sorry." JJ apologised. Josh dismissed him in irritation. "Guys I said I'm sorry please forgive me." The continued to ignore his pleas, keeping their eyes open. Simon was just as mad because Riley has come to mean so much to him. Simon was too pissed to care about being rude to JJ. "God guys! What do you want from me!" Jide was getting frustrated.

"We want you to help find Riley! Please. I'm just really stressed I don't mean to yell." Josh took a deep breath and then continued their search. He was ready to call in backup. At last, all the way down at the other end of the mall, JJ spotted her.

"There she is! See it's alright." JJ pointed at her staring into the window of a toy store.

"Don't you say it like it's okay! Do you have any idea what could of happened to her?!" The anger in Josh rose back up. "Riley!" he called her name. She looked over at him and he scooped her up. "Thank god you're okay!" Josh kissed her. "Don't you ever run off like that." Josh instructed. He held her incredibly tight.

"I want that." Riley ignored him for her focus was on a stuffed Enderman.

"Riley. Look at me." Josh barked. She faced him. "Don't leave our sides and disappear like that again. Do you understand me?" Josh lectured sternly. Riley nodded her head. This was going to be a long rest of the week.

(A/N- Sorry it's kind of lame but I'm alright with it. Another chapter tomorrow!)