Chapter 36

Josie decided to invite Josh over to her home to properly introduce Doug. She wants to prevent anything from being awkward. And since Josh was afraid of that happening while having dinner, he convinced Josie to let Simon join.

"Things are gonna be okay. Things are gonna be okay." Josh repeats to himself. He sits in his car with Simon beside him as the car is parked in front of Josie's small one story house.

"Of course they'll be. You're the OG dad." Simon reassures lightning the mood.

"What if Riley likes Doug more than me?" Josh worries.

"Impossible." Simon says. "Come on now. There's food waiting to be eaten." He gets out of the car, taking in the surroundings. Josh gets out as well and they walk up together. Josh knocks on the door. A voice shouting could be heard as it neared.

"I'm here! Hi, Josh!" Josie says opening the door. Her and Josh have a quick welcome hug and she shakes Simon's hand. "Come in, make yourselves at home. Doug! Get over here!" she yells. A man, about the same age as Josh bounds over.

"Hey, nice to have a proper introduction." Doug smiles. He shakes hands with both men.

"Everyone come into the living room while dinner is finishing." She leads them through her house. Her dirty blonde hair bounces in a high ponytail. "Doug where's Ri?"

"She's still upstairs." he answers.

"She shouldn't be up their alone." Josie says with a worrisome tone.

"Riley was alone all time when she was with us." Simon mentions. Josh mentally face palms. Josie's gonna think poorly of their babysitting skills.
First they were cursing around her, now leaving her alone for long periods of time.

"But she was only three! I'll go get her." Josie hurries off. Doug takes a seat so Josh and Simon do the same.

"So you're Josh." Doug points to the brunette. Josh nods. "And you are?"

"Simon." he answers.

"You're here because?"

"He's here because I brought him." Josh informs.

"So he's a friend of yours? Helped with Riley sometimes?" Josh nodded as Doug asked. "I've heard Josie talk about you." he mentions. Simon's face reddens knowing it wasn't good whatever was said.

"Daddy?" Riley enters the room.

"Yes?" All three men respond.

"I think she was talking to me." Doug states.

"No, she normally calls me daddy." Josh announces.

"Has she even called you dad yet?" Simon challenges Doug. Riley starts to walk in Josh's direction.

"No, but I just met her. She's still my kid too now." Doug picks up Riley and sets her on his lap.

"Yeah, you're dating Josie now. Tell me how that happened." Josh quickly defuses the situation.

"Well," Josie begins. "We obviously met in America and he was working with same company as me. Isn't wasn't until later he joined in on my assignment and we got along real well so we got together and now we've been dating for seven months." She finishes.