Chapter 29

March 15, 2016
"Riley! Riley! Riley! Riley!" Simon shouted fast and with excitement. She wasn't in her room this morning so Simon figured she was with Josh. He opened Josh's door and saw the two.

"Hi Simon!" Riley ran towards him.

"Happy birthday baby girl!" Simon exclaimed, picking her up and spinning her around. "As soon as I woke up I came looking for you."

"Aren't you going to say good morning to me?" Josh stood in the background giving a small smirk.

"Good, bye." Simon turned around and left with Riley in his arms.

"Hey! Come back here with my daughter!"

"No she's mine now!" Simon ran around to the other side where Vik's room is.

"Look, we have to share okay?"

"Sharing is caring." Riley stated.

"Okay, fine. I can't help I just want your cuteness all to myself." Simon squeezed her tightly before putting her down.

"No! No!" she yelped. She didn't want to be put down. She reached up for Simon, who picked her back up.

"Riley," Josh called for her attention. "I'm going to make you birthday pancakes for breakfast."

"Yay!"

"Then, later today, we'll have a big birthday cake and give you your present!" Josh said. Riley had the biggest smile, which says something because she smiles a lot.

It wasn't until about three in the afternoon when Vik and JJ had free time to celebrate Riley's birthday with Josh and Simon. They got her a nice medium sized cake with a big "4" candle on it. The cake was vanilla flavored so Riley wouldn't get a tummy ache again and throw up.

"Happy birthday dear, Riley! Happy birthday to you!" They four finished singing.

"Okay Riley blow out your candle!" Josh instructed. He stood behind her to help blow it out without her noticing. Riley is starting to go through her independent phase and gets upset when you help her where she doesn't want it. They all cheered as the flame went out leaving a trail of smoke.

"Did you make a wish?" Vik asked. Josh started to cut the cake.

"I wished to be tall." Riley answered.

"Alright, before you get all messy missy, we're going to give you your present. It's just one because Josie said to not get you a lot which was fine because I wasn't sure what to get. Together, me, Simon, JJ, and Vik, pitched in to get you this." Josh set the box in front of the birthday girl.

"It's one of kind. Just like you." Vik added. Riley slowly tore off the wrapping paper piece by piece. Then she struggled a little to get the top off of the flimsy white rectangular box. Josh held up what was inside so Riley could see.

It was tiny black shirt with the letters "SDMN" printed on in blue. Josh worked with the company that made their merch and got them to specially make this children's sized shirt. Riley's part of the Sidemen and she should be able to wear something that says so. Plus it's a good go-to shirt for anything.

"What do you say Riley?"

"Thank you!"

Don't @ me for the gift. I know 4 year olds don't want clothing.