Chapter 27

New Years 2015->16
The boys were not going to let Riley stop them from having a crazy awesome New Years party. So, they left Riley at home with Tobi since he doesn't like to get drunk and didn't mind missing everyone else get pissed.

Everyone, including all their friends and acquaintances, milled about in JJ's flat. A drink in hand and music playing loudly. Even though it was freezing outside, it felt very nice considering how hot and crowded it was inside. Most people were drunk, some more than others, and lots were dancing. Midnight was right around the corner. Josh and Simon took a step outside to get away from everyone.

Josh looked out off the balcony onto London. Simon leaned on his right elbow, facing Josh. It was very peaceful (and romantic) with just the two of them.

"Damn, I have no one to kiss this year at countdown." Josh complained.

"Pssh, welcome to my world." Simon laughed. This is what Simon has lived with his entire life. He felt bad Josh was now going to have to live this lonely lifestyle.

"You know, neither of us have someone to kiss at midnight," Josh began. "And we're both single. We should go out sometime."

Simon couldn't believe what he was hearing. Surely it's the alcohol talking.

"And find ourselves some dates."

"Oh okay. I thought you were, implying... we kiss and go out together."

"No no."

"Hey I mean it is New Years, why not." Simon couldn't believe what he was saying. He wished his mouth would stop working. He's gonna creep Josh out.

"Whoa I think you've had too many shots tonight, Si." Josh cautioned, having to raise his voice as everyone began the count down.

"Me too, me too." Simon mumbled while taking sip of his, looking away. "I guess my New Years resolution will be 'Stop being single and get a date'!"

...5

...4

...3

...2

...1

"Happy New Years!"