I Don't Know How You Do It (Prod Imagine)

~ I don’t know how you do it ~

Your P.O.V

You entered the house, trying your hardest to be quiet. It was 11:30pm and you had only just arrived home from work. Unfortunately for you, your boss had given you the late shifts, which varied every few nights. This also meant Craig was too look after your little boy, Alex, every night by himself. It was pitch black outside, and dark and silent through out the house. You set your keys down walking through every room downstairs to see everything had been switched off. Must of had an early night you thought.

Pushing your bedroom door open, you slipped off your heels and flung your bag to the side. Almost immediately Alex ran into the room as fast as his 3 year old legs could carry him. He wrapped his arms around you leg, and you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. “Mommy!” he squealed in excitement, a cheeky grin growing on his face. “Where’s daddy baby?” you asked, wondering why your husband was not here to greet you like he usually did. He giggled as you reached down and picked him up. “He’s in my room mommy, he won’t play with me anymore” he pouted as you walked towards the room labelled ‘AJ’ which was your sons nickname. 

The door was opened and the first thing you saw when you looked in was Craig passed out on Alex’s bed. Toys littered the room, his spiderman costume had been flung over the end of the bed; almost everything was out of place. You chuckled, “You wore daddy out huh?”. He smiled innocently as you placed him back down and climbed on top of your husband, laying on his back. His arms and legs were sprawled out and his face was buried into the spiderman pillows. 

"Why is my son still up?" you mummered into his ear, chuckling as he shivered slightly. You placed one hand on his face as he turned it towards you and raised your eyebrows before he kissed your lips. You moved off him, giving him space to sit up. Only then did you see how tired his eyes were; he was ready to fall into a deep sleep at any moment.

"I don’t know how you do it babe" he stated, wiping his face with his hands. 

"That boys a handful. I’ve done everything but he still won’t sleep. Spiderman games, disney films, hide and seek…” you chuckled, kissing Craig’s cheek as you lifted Alex back onto your lap. The both of you looked down at him as he snuggled into your chest and looked up as if he wasn’t the cause of his fathers lack of energy. 

"AJ…it’s sleep time now baby" you stated, kissing his forehead and placing him in bed as Craig lifted the covers over him. 

"Night little man" Craig said lowly, kissing his sons cheek and rubbing his head softly.  

As soon as you made it back to your room, your husband stripped himself of clothes, put on some boxers and basketball shorts and slipped into bed. You chuckled, changing into your bed wear before leaving and locking up the house. When you got back to the bedroom, he had already fallen into a deep slumber, letting out soft snores. You sighed smiling slightly, before turning the light off and sliding in next to him, placing an arm around his bare torso. 

"Night babe" you whispered as your eyelids gradually shut; joining him in his sleep.